Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Cannon Options
Dave
#1 Posted : 16 March 2019 13:09:34

Groups: Registered

A couple of points regarding the ships cannons.

Looking ahead slightly, to the Pack 11 instructions, it looks as though there should be 8 of the "long" cannon and 6 of the "short" cannon.
When we receive all the packs it appears that we will have the correct number of "long" cannon (2 in pack two, 1 in pack three, 1 in pack five, 1 in pack seven, 1 in pack eight, 2 in pack eleven = 8)
However, only 5 of the "short" cannon are supplied (1 in pack one, 1 in pack seven, 1 in pack eight and 2 in pack nine). So, is 5 or 6 the correct number?

Also, Pack 11 instructions, stage 122, step 19 asks you to fit brackets (across the trunnions)to the small cannon. None have been supplied to date, and it looks as though it is not intended to supply these.

On a different note, it looks as though i have lost one of the long cannons supplied with Pack 2. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy replacement components?
Dave
Gandale
#2 Posted : 16 March 2019 14:32:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

You've missed out the short cannon provided in Pack 5, stage 48... As for your lost cannon, try contacting CS and see if they can help.

You receive cannon brackets with stage 122 and these are for the short cannons. Brackets for the long cannons are received with each long cannon set.

Cheers

Alan
Dave
#3 Posted : 16 March 2019 20:47:33

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the reply.
How embarrassing. Should have double checked before rushing to the keyboard.
Guess I shot myself in the foot with that query!
I'll just quietly crawl under my desk now (and look for the missing cannon while I'm down there).
Gandale
#4 Posted : 17 March 2019 21:02:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Dave wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
How embarrassing. Should have double checked before rushing to the keyboard.
Guess I shot myself in the foot with that query!
I'll just quietly crawl under my desk now (and look for the missing cannon while I'm down there).

BigGrin BigGrin .. Main thing is you've had your query resolved....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan