Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

What is 10% of Zero Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 17 March 2019 21:56:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Well I`ve got to a point where I need a short break from plastic and straight bolt together from the box.

My origins from leaving school in 1972 was all engineering so I`ve pulled this from under the bench.

It involves drilling lots of holes for micro screws, lots of metal polishing, painting dependant on how much is panelled to show the interior etc, etc.

So what is 10% of a zero as this kit goes?

Clean the edges of the prop blades and polish them. Then assemble the prop gear that allows the blades to turn, clean and polish the spinner parts.

Assemble lots of the engine cylinders and pre assemble them within the main engine parts. (Not glued as yet as each part will be going to the spray booth first, but not until all cylinders are ready).

The lower wing frame is screwed to the main wing spars and lots of wing ribs put in place but nothing permanently fixed as yet. That`s why there are lots of labels noting which rib is which.

A machine gun has been supplied but no used as yet.

The last pic is the 10% pic of the build so far. I do have details to add to some of the ribs that I will show in the next update, so until then the last pic is your 10%.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

magpie1832
#2 Posted : 18 March 2019 00:34:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I had this kit Derek but sold the kit unbuilt as it was way too complicated for me lol. But did look a great kit to build.

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

tf64
#3 Posted : 18 March 2019 07:01:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

looks a nice kit looking forward to the build Derek.

Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Markwarren
#4 Posted : 18 March 2019 08:47:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Looking forward to seeing this come together Derek
Gandale
#5 Posted : 18 March 2019 10:03:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Long time since I've seen one of these being put together. Looks like you're off to a great start and I look forward to seeing how you get along......Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
ian smith
#6 Posted : 18 March 2019 12:50:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start Derek. look forward to seeing this one come together.Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
CaptnBirdseye
#7 Posted : 18 March 2019 12:57:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Drool Very jealous Del, looks a sweet build and can’t wait to see what you do with her ThumpUp

Regards Gray
delboy271155
#8 Posted : 18 March 2019 23:34:52

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Many thanks for all the comments and those who looked in. It is much appreciated.

Cool Cool Cool

Today I have added the detailing to wing ribs 11 to 15 (more to add to ribs 14 and 15 in stage 11), painted thirteen engine cylinders semi gloss black and the four crankcase rings light grey, plus the machine gun painted gun metal.

The final engine cylinder and crankcase ring come in stage 11 so I will then glue the engine together in one session. That will then be the start of the next 10%.

Until then a few pics of today`s work.BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Markwarren
#9 Posted : 19 March 2019 08:54:32

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work Derek, looking good.BigGrin

Mark
Gandale
#10 Posted : 19 March 2019 10:17:56

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Another very nice update Derek, coming together beautifully....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan