Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages «<91011
Sword Beach D-Day Landings Options
birdaj2
#201 Posted : 12 January 2021 20:51:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Robin

Its been a real treat to follow you on this build.

You have pulled off some incredible things working with such a tiny scale. I think its turned into something unique and while its easy said, but not always possible, this would make a lovely exhibit in a museum.

I think we must come from the same years because i look back on old kits i have in the loft (one day i must get around to sorting some of that before age really sets in) and i look at prices I paid and think how expensive things can be now.

I guess the thing to remember is the cost of living “in the good old days”. Even as a youngster i still had to save to get my models.

I have seen that UV setting glue but never tried it . I did read some place the original idea was invented by a dentist.

It made a nice job of putting that case together.

Hope to see you back soon posting another build as they are so enjoyable and informative.

I have a spitfire and lambourgini update to post hopefully this weekend (still finding life hard outside of work and struggling to get any motivation). As to my Harley that has to be a major disappointment, as there was no pack 23 so not able to finish it as i would have liked.

Best wishes to you and happy modelling for whatever you embark on next, if it is your victory that will be good to see.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Kev the Modeller
#202 Posted : 13 January 2021 13:52:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Excellent work on that case Robin, looks like a commercially (and professionally) made item and perfectly showcases your excellent diorama, very well done!

You must be getting excited about moving on to building something different given the many months that this amazing piece has taken to complete?! It's been a thoroughly enjoyable diary to follow and a great end result!

Very well done Robin!! Drool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Sticky Wickett
#203 Posted : 14 January 2021 22:34:53

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

This a truly stunning, unique and masterful model you have built there Robin. I admire your dedication to detail and your quest for experimenting with modelling techniques. Superb!Love BigGrin

Regards,
Phil W.
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
tf64
#204 Posted : 16 January 2021 14:49:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Robin, well I must say that is some Diorama, and you have shown us all how skilful you are on a miniature build from start to finish.

Well done

Regards Trev.

Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

goddo
#205 Posted : 05 March 2021 11:35:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Robin,
Congratulations on being the competition winner!
It's a brilliant model and excellent diary to go with it.
Well done and keep it going.
Chris
tf64
#206 Posted : 05 March 2021 11:42:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Robin,

Congratulations on your win (Best of the Best) a worthy build, hope you can handle a large Ferrari after your last build, you can put your specs down for this one.

Very well done

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

RM1
#207 Posted : 07 March 2021 15:44:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Congrats on the win !! brilliant job. very envious of that Ferrari prize.
Malc.