Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

1/16th Zero English Instructions Options
Jim MacDonald
#1 Posted : 04 April 2019 15:31:45

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I'm in desperate need of English instructions for the DeAgostini 1/16 Zero. I've looked all over the internet and haven't had any luck except on one site. A gentleman had started a build post on that site and included a rough translation for many of the steps. Does anybody know of a source for the official DeAgostini English instructions?

I have two of the complete kits that I bought here in Japan, so I only have Japanese instructions. I'd like to build one as an A6M2-21 per the kit. The other one I'd like to modify as either an A6M2-N Rufe or as an A6M3-22.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim MacDonald
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 04 April 2019 16:25:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Have you tried google translate as you can scan, then download documents in various formats and get them translated or as you are in Japan get someone to translate them for you.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

CM Schlom
#3 Posted : 24 May 2019 06:58:15

Jim MacDonald wrote:
Hi,

I'm in desperate need of English instructions for the DeAgostini 1/16 Zero. I've looked all over the internet and haven't had any luck except on one site. A gentleman had started a build post on that site and included a rough translation for many of the steps. Does anybody know of a source for the official DeAgostini English instructions?

I have two of the complete kits that I bought here in Japan, so I only have Japanese instructions. I'd like to build one as an A6M2-21 per the kit. The other one I'd like to modify as either an A6M2-N Rufe or as an A6M3-22.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim MacDonald

Jim, I have the instructions. Email me at cmschlom@hotmail.com and I will send them to you.

Regards,Chuck
Jim MacDonald
#4 Posted : 24 May 2019 09:20:11

Chuck,

Thanks for your reply. Email sent.

Jim
ippy
#5 Posted : 08 June 2019 15:27:37

Groups: registriert, Registered

Hi, I have a set of parts got from the UK but never got round to building it. I've had a computer crash and lost all the instructions.

Would it be possible to send me a copy?

Thanks,
Ian.
Jim MacDonald
#6 Posted : 09 June 2019 11:35:23

Hi Ian,

Send me an email at red_mac@hotmail.com and I'll send you a copy of them that Chuck sent me.

Take care,

Jim
Wayne Hopkins
#7 Posted : 06 September 2019 12:26:11

Hello.

I purchased the Zero model sometime ago, and due to health problems, I was unable at the time to build it. At the time I did download the instructions, but never got round to printing them off. I also lost my computer system, and so lost all the files. I am now in a better state with my mental health, and would like to build the model, but I no longer have the instructions. I have looked on the main site, but have been unable to find them anywhere. does anyone know where I can get the instructions to build the Zero model?

Thanks for any help. Wayne.
Jim MacDonald
#8 Posted : 06 September 2019 13:02:10

Hi Wayne,

Send me an email at red_mac@hotmail.com and I'll send you a copy of them that Chuck sent me.

Take care,

Jim
Wayne Hopkins
#9 Posted : 06 September 2019 15:14:57

Many thanks Jim, email sent.

Wayne.
GriffACT
#10 Posted : 11 January 2021 08:10:23

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

Hi Jim,

I am considering purchasing a japanese model that is on eBay. But no point purchasing it if I am unable to get a hold of some english instructions.

Would you be kind enough to also provide them to me?

Regards,
Jason
Jim MacDonald
#11 Posted : 11 January 2021 12:13:16

Hi Jason,

No problem. Email me at red_mac@hotmail.com and I'll send them to you.

Mac
delboy271155
#12 Posted : 11 January 2021 15:02:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

GriffACT wrote:
Hi Jim,

I am considering purchasing a japanese model that is on eBay. But no point purchasing it if I am unable to get a hold of some english instructions.

Would you be kind enough to also provide them to me?

Regards,
Jason

Hi Jason

Welcome to the forum. BigGrin

Not wishing to put you off your intended purchase, but there are a couple of things to note about buying one of these kits from Japan:

Although they are expensive, be very careful that the kit is complete. A high price does not mean the kit is complete.

Also be aware that you may be charged import duty that is set against the price you pay and that may also have VAT to pay on the full price.

That said, this is a fantastically engineered kit and I wish you luck and plenty of enjoyment building it.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Jim MacDonald
#13 Posted : 12 January 2021 12:31:32

In regards to what Derek mentioned about kits not being complete, Yahoo Auctions usually has about 40-50 auctions for the Deagostini kits. They're usually a mix of complete kits and single volumes. They also occasionally have auctions for what the sellers call "junk" parts. In one such auction, I picked up a forward fuselage with wings attached, two rear fuselages, a pair of wings, six engines, three sets of props and other miscellaneous parts. These were all already built. You guys know that you always need a well stocked parts box.

Mac