Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages 123>
Mark's Porsche Build Options
Markwarren
#1 Posted : 15 April 2019 10:00:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

I have just started the Porsche build. I still haven’t got all the parts yet but thought I would make a start on it anyway. I want to try and put as much detail into this kit as I can, and I have got quite a few tips from various people on this forum who have already build this.
The first part was to upholster the seats with black leather. I bought some black goat skin hide, 0.45mm thick, this has a very soft yet strong qualities and ideal to fit over the existing seat parts. There was a lot of trial and error until I was happy with the result and thanks to Roy’s build for some references.
Once the leather was in place, I finished it with black trim. This was some very thin heat shrink tubing then heated gently and stretched out to make a fine thin and pliable strip to be placed around the edge.

Many thanks for looking, more soon.
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
Photo 01.jpg
Photo 02.jpg
Photo 03.jpg
Photo 04.jpg
Photo 05.jpg
Gandale
#2 Posted : 15 April 2019 16:10:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Can see this is going to be a good one to follow Mark, count me in..... Excellent start with the seats.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#3 Posted : 16 April 2019 08:17:23

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Thank you Alan, hopefully the second seat should only take a fraction of the time now I know what to do. LolLOL

Mark
Kev the Modeller
#4 Posted : 30 April 2019 18:55:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Nicely done Mark, a great end result for your first effort with real leather, it actually looks like you've been doing that sort of thing for a very long time!

Well done and a neat trick with the shrink tubing too. Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
roymattblack
#5 Posted : 30 April 2019 19:28:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Looks really great.

I'm about to start another Porsche, with black and orange seats.
Should be fun...?

Roy.
Markwarren
#6 Posted : 01 May 2019 07:56:08

Thank you Kev, I think the next one should be a little easier, now I know what I’m doing.LOL

roymattblack wrote:

I'm about to start another Porsche, with black and orange seats.
Should be fun...?

Roy.

Thanks Roy, your next one sound interesting Cool

Mark
Markwarren
#7 Posted : 17 June 2019 12:11:01

Just a small update. After experimenting with the leather seat, I now have enough parts to start this build. I have started on the engine assembly first, unfortunately I had a spark plug connector missing, but another one is in the post to me. It gives me a chance to file down and repaint the manifolds and throttle bodies. I have sanded down the hoses, taking off the seam line and to give them a more natural look. I have also added hose clips using aluminium foil.
More soon.
Photo 07.jpg
Photo 08.jpg
Photo 10.jpg
Photo 12.jpg
Markwarren
#8 Posted : 30 June 2019 17:19:29

Almost finished the engine, just some electrical wiring to add. Thanks to Roy and Richie, took a few tips on some more detail to it and it makes all the difference although some of it is quite fiddly.
That’s it for now, more soon. Thanks for looking.
Photo 15.jpg
Photo 16.jpg
Photo 17.jpg
Photo 20.jpg
Photo 21.jpg
Photo 23.jpg
Photo 23.jpg
Photo 24.jpg
roymattblack
#9 Posted : 30 June 2019 21:03:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

It's looking really great Mark.
Keep it coming.
CaptnBirdseye
#10 Posted : 30 June 2019 21:09:54

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking good Mark. Very envious Love
arpurchase
#11 Posted : 30 June 2019 21:38:33

BigGrin All looking good and nice work MarkCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Markwarren
#12 Posted : 30 June 2019 22:05:59

Thanks guys for looking in and your comments.Cool

Mark
Gandale
#13 Posted : 30 June 2019 23:10:42

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very impressive Mark, certainly looking the biz.....Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Kev the Modeller
#14 Posted : 01 July 2019 09:59:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Fantastic work on that engine Mark, it looks super realistic and almost like it would actually run!

Blimey, that's good! Very well done Mark, great job. DroolThumpUp

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
birdaj2
#15 Posted : 01 July 2019 14:39:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Mine looks a little lacking comparing the detail you are adding to your.

I would have no idea were to start putting in all those extras.

Mine is 3 packs away from finishing now but all in all still quite pleased with how it looks.

Its a very nicely made kit and even in its basic form i was surprised by the level of detail they have added.

Hope yours continues well.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Markwarren
#16 Posted : 01 July 2019 19:41:31

Thank you all for the kind words. I’m enjoying this kit, it is very detailed as is,Love but just putting that extra into it.

Mark
Markwarren
#17 Posted : 18 July 2019 20:52:01

Back to the Porsche build. I have started to build the body parts and front suspension. As you can see in the first couple of pictures, I used a thin sanding stick and rotated it on the wheel disk giving a scraped effect simulating a real brake disk. A little subtle oiling was then added to certain parts. These were then polished off creating shadow and highlighted areas.
The rest of the bottom frame was assembled, and the engine inserted as instructed.

More very soon. Thanks for looking.

Mark
Photo 25.jpg
Photo 27.jpg
Photo 29.jpg
Photo 30.jpg
Photo 32.jpg
Photo 33.jpg
Photo 34.jpg
Photo 35.jpg
Photo 36.jpg
Photo 38.jpg
arpurchase
#18 Posted : 18 July 2019 20:58:28

BigGrin Nicely done Mark and looking goodCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#19 Posted : 18 July 2019 22:44:02

Looking good Mark, top work as usual. Drool Drool … It's the subtle touches that make a big difference....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
roymattblack
#20 Posted : 19 July 2019 07:53:06

Really great Mark. I'm loving the little extra's you're adding. It makes a lot of difference.

Roy.