Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

My model requests Options
LuxuryModelCustoms
#1 Posted : 20 April 2019 00:17:50

Groups:

Hey all, here's what I'd love to see...

- An Austin Healey 3000 (not Frogeye) at some point. (1:8 scale)
- Knightrider KITT (I know Altaya is testing it, I want it lol) 1:8 scale
- Airwolf 1:8 scale
- Lonestar's Winnebago from Spaceballs at 1:8 scale
- The red Plymouth Fury from Stephen King's Christine at 1:8 scale,
- 1967 Chevrolet Impala at 1:8 scale,
- 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air at 1:8 scale,
- 1955 Ford Thunderbird at 1:8 scale,
- The Batmobile from Michael Keaton's Batman movie at 1:8 scale,
- A Tesla Model S (facelift) at 1:8 scale,
- A Lancia Aurelia Spider B24 at 1:8 scale,
- Ford Lincoln Futura concept car at 1:8 scale in Seafoam green

I could go on all day, but I'll leave those for now
steele
#2 Posted : 28 May 2019 05:37:04

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I too want that Atalya KITT (alternate parts to make it KARR would be even better).

Would LOVE an AirWolf, but 1:8 would make it bigger than I am. Perhaps 1:18?
Kapclo15
#3 Posted : 28 May 2019 11:55:02

Not diverse enough, more F1, Rally cars, WEC cars and Moto GP bikes rather than old boring historic cars. Also something like a Red Arrows Hawk at say 1/12 or 1/18
LuxuryModelCustoms
#4 Posted : 28 May 2019 13:28:56

Groups:

Kapclo15 wrote:
Not diverse enough, more F1, Rally cars, WEC cars and Moto GP bikes rather than old boring historic cars. Also something like a Red Arrows Hawk at say 1/12 or 1/18

The reason people make “Classic” car models is because they were unique, timeless and highly memorable. Few people buy “boring” F1 cars that change every year and would be obsolete before someone even finished building it. No one ever says “check out that 1971 F1 car, everyone knows the 1971 Lotus was famous because ...... of the driver and nothing to do with the car whatsoever
roymattblack
#5 Posted : 28 May 2019 13:45:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I'm afraid I pretty much agree.
It's the modern cars that are boring. They all look virtually the same.
Classic cars are exactly as the name says - classic.

If you want F1 cars, then yes, but classics again.
The Ferrari Sharknose, Lotus 49 etc...
Cars of those era's all looked totally different.
F1 cars today are virtually identical apart from the colour scheme.

As a small case in point, I've attached some pics of a Revell F1 Ferrari that I changed into a Renault Lotus with a few simple mods and making my own decals...
roymattblack attached the following image(s):
P1010038.JPG
P1010034.JPG
RM1
#6 Posted : 29 May 2019 12:53:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

roymattblack wrote:
I'm afraid I pretty much agree.
It's the modern cars that are boring. They all look virtually the same.
Classic cars are exactly as the name says - classic.

If you want F1 cars, then yes, but classics again.
The Ferrari Sharknose, Lotus 49 etc...
Cars of those era's all looked totally different.
F1 cars today are virtually identical apart from the colour scheme.

As a small case in point, I've attached some pics of a Revell F1 Ferrari that I changed into a Renault Lotus with a few simple mods and making my own decals...

I have to agree with that.
The "classic" F1 cars give opportunity for so much more detailing.
Mclaren from the 70's vs MP4/31 from 2016
Malc.
RM1 attached the following image(s):
fin-3.jpg
jase
#7 Posted : 03 June 2019 06:41:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

think your all wrong, cars are boring build a shipLOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Kev the Modeller
#8 Posted : 03 June 2019 20:26:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

jase wrote:

Nah, nothing more boring than building models of 'floaty things' Jase, aircraft models are where it's really at!

Each to their own though! Flapper BigGrin Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Gandale
#9 Posted : 04 June 2019 11:00:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Kev the Modeller wrote:
jase wrote:

Nah, nothing more boring than building models of 'floaty things' Jase, aircraft models are where it's really at!

Each to their own though! Flapper BigGrin Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile

I enjoy seeing all kinds of models being put together but building the floaty things is what I enjoy the most.....BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin .. Floaty McBoaty for meeeee...….LOL LOL

Regards

Alan
Kev the Modeller
#10 Posted : 04 June 2019 18:56:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Gandale wrote:
I enjoy seeing all kinds of models being put together but building the floaty things is what I enjoy the most.....BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin .. Floaty McBoaty for meeeee...….LOL LOL

Regards

Alan

Yeah, nobody is right or wrong on which is the best genre Alan, and not knocking anyone who enjoys building ships/boats. As I say, each to their own and we are all perfectly entitled to enjoy whatever we like the most. Personally I feel the same as you, at the end of the day I just love modelling and it's just nice to see ANY kind of model being built regardless of genre. I do admire the skill of some of you ship modellers especially some of those on this forum of which I do comment from time to time. Well done to all and keep on enjoying your own favourite genre.

Actually, though I'm not a ship modeller, and will never be very keen on it, I'll tell you a little secret provided you keep it to yourself Alan - I've always wanted to build a model of the USS Hornet that launched the first raid on Japan and have all of those B-25s lined up on deck!

Who knows ... maybe one day! BigGrin

Nice to get people talking and participating on the forum again. ThumpUp

Kev Smile

Per Ardua Ad Astra
nightwisher
#11 Posted : 04 June 2019 19:10:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Whatever floats your boat ,floating boats float my boat LOL
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
Gandale
#12 Posted : 04 June 2019 19:20:05

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Kev the Modeller wrote:
Gandale wrote:

Regards

Alan

Yeah, nobody is right or wrong on which is the best genre Alan, and not knocking anyone who enjoys building ships/boats. As I say, each to their own and we are all perfectly entitled to enjoy whatever we like the most. Personally I feel the same as you, at the end of the day I just love modelling and it's just nice to see ANY kind of model being built regardless of genre. I do admire the skill of some of you ship modellers especially some of those on this forum of which I do comment from time to time. Well done to all and keep on enjoying your own favourite genre.

Actually, though I'm not a ship modeller, and will never be very keen on it, I'll tell you a little secret provided you keep it to yourself Alan - I've always wanted to build a model of the USS Hornet that launched the first raid on Japan and have all of those B-25s lined up on deck!

Who knows ... maybe one day! BigGrin

Kev Smile

Here you go Kev, complete with 16 B25 bombers.... Maybe this one will float your boat.....LOL LOL .. Although out of stock at the moment it may be one to keep a watch out for....

https://www.alwayshobbie...ge-scale-model-ship-kit

Regards

Alan
jase
#13 Posted : 05 June 2019 05:54:39

Kev Smile[/size]
[/quote]

Definitely agree

I would be carful of building the USS Hornit, 1 ship and you may never look back Laugh
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Kev the Modeller
#14 Posted : 06 June 2019 20:07:09

Gandale wrote:
Here you go Kev, complete with 16 B25 bombers.... Maybe this one will float your boat.....LOL LOL .. Although out of stock at the moment it may be one to keep a watch out for....

https://www.alwayshobbie...ge-scale-model-ship-kit

Regards

Alan

Thanks for that Alan, looks a very nice kit, did cough at the price though but who knows, maybe I will one day! ThumpUp

@ Jase - you may be right mate, though methinks it would take a major epiphany for that to happen! Blink

Kev Smile

Per Ardua Ad Astra