Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

lotus79 Options
lotus79
#1 Posted : 21 May 2019 16:31:15

Groups: Registered

Hi can anybody please tell me how to fit the body to the chassis without and wires getting in the way and stopping it fitting as it should do,i have been trying to finish my Porsche now for 3 months and the next step is to cut all the wires off and throw them away,why oh why did they not make a wiring loom that could be fitted out of the way some cables are to long some to short for the amount of money we all paid it seems a bit mickey mouse to me so i am now off to get the side cutters MelCursing
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 21 May 2019 18:58:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Just looked in as I was thrown by the subject title - I thought it was about a Lotus 79...

When I built the Porsche I spent an age getting the wires into bundles and taping them down on the inner body wherever I could, and tight inside the sills before adding the bottom of the car.
If I recall, the doors need to be open and the dash wiggled in before the final push down to get the floor in tight.
It was a tad fiddly but it did all go together without too much bother.

Is there any chance you have something trapped, or misaligned?

Roy
lotus79
#3 Posted : 27 May 2019 19:19:37

Groups: Registered

hi Roy not that i can see part of the problem is that some wires are far to long and others to short but what do you expect for all that money oh well try again
roymattblack
#4 Posted : 27 May 2019 19:33:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

With many of these type of kits, the wiring is kept very short so that there aren't bundles of 'spare' wires to get in the way when it finally goes together.
However, it usually means that the stage just before adding the floor is a pain.
The floor section needs raising up next the the inverted shell so the connections can be made.
Awkward, fiddly, but ultimately - sensible.