Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Re-introduce myself Options
stut2
#1 Posted : 01 June 2019 22:25:12

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

So after much thought and trying to remember my security answer to log back in after a number of years(about 5 I think) I’m in!
I’ll give a little explanation, my last post was about 5 years ago and then I sort of disappeared off the forum and stopped modelling altogether I had to make a few life decisions/career changes I won’t go in to further details as would only bore and depress you.
So I’m on a mission to try and finish at least something as I’ve had long enough to do so, I’m one of those people who like shiny things but can get bored easily then could be ages before going back to it.
So currently I have and in no particular order
HMS Victory, HMS Victory cross section, Sovereign of the Seas, D51, Zero, Spitfire, Ford Mustang, Millennium Falcon, Pirates of the Caribbean, Nissan GTR, Cutty Sark, The Mallard, Build the U Boat and the latest one The Yacht Standart.
(there might be one or two I’ve missed)
Some of these are in various stages others haven’t even been started, so as I get older it’s dawning on me if I don’t crack on I may run out of time, even now trying to put enough time in is difficult as I work full time and won’t retire for a good few years yet.
So I’ve fast forward myself to the last few months and trying to look at much of the forum as possible and look at the excellent builds many now completed and the invaluable contributions by the members over the years, and have read about changes with Admins, disappearance of Mr T etc and it saddens me that forum is not like it used to be there are a lot of members who regularly used to contribute have disappeared in the last 5 years(even though I disappeared for a few years myself although I don’t put myself in the same category as the guys who tirelessly updated their builds and offered their advice, help and experience to others asking for very little in return however there are still quite a few still on here contributing helping and giving advice and experience to others and I’ll speak for a lot of people by saying “Thank You”

So hello again everyone, hopefully one day I’ll update my builds and upload some photos of finished builds
If there are previous contributors still with us please come back to the forum, life is too short don’t let this forum die it would be such a waste to do so.

Regards Simon

Gandale
#2 Posted : 02 June 2019 08:23:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Stu, great to see you back with us and I for one look forward to seeing your contributions over the coming months. The forum has changed over the years and what direction it will take in the future is yet to be seen, hopefully everything will work out in the end..... Welcome back.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
tf64
#3 Posted : 02 June 2019 09:02:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

A big halloo Stu, good to see you haven't for got the forum and all it's members welcome back.

Happy building

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Markwarren
#4 Posted : 02 June 2019 09:07:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Welcome back Stu, look forward to seeing some of those builds soon.Cool

Mark
stut2
#5 Posted : 02 June 2019 20:29:23

Thanks guys it’s good to be back.
goddo
#6 Posted : 03 June 2019 08:46:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Morning Simon,
it's good to see that you have regained the modelling interest and rejoined the forum.
As you say , there seem to have been some radical changes just recently but there are still plenty of contributors around. Look forward to seeing your updates.
stut2
#7 Posted : 03 June 2019 16:34:00

Thanks Goddo, I don’t think my modelling interest will ever go for good it’s always been there since I was a young boy and will be there until I go, and I’ve just had a thought if there is life after death and I’m not sure if I’d be going to the good place(good Netflix series) or the bad place, if I’m destined for the bad place then I guess my punishment will be to sit endlessly by the front door daily waiting for the postman to deliver my parcel only to find parts broken and missing in sort of a Groundhog Day scenarioLaugh