Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
Eaglemoss '007' Aston Martin DB5 back again Options
Steve1701
#21 Posted : 09 October 2019 19:28:19

Groups:

totally confused tony, let us know how you get on.
delboy271155
#22 Posted : 09 October 2019 20:13:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

This doesn`t bode well, but lets hope that at least you get your money back. Confused Confused

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

darbyvet
#23 Posted : 09 October 2019 21:05:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

yes there seems to be mass confusion over this if you look at the Fb groups with conflicting information coming directly from Eaglemoss.The latest thing posted on FB was an email for Eaglmoss supposedly from their head office saying the DB had not been cancelled.However some people received cancellation notices though they hadnt cancelled their subscription and were told no new subscriptions were being taken because of quality control issues.

So it is clear as mud.We have heard nothing in USA so far and I just received my third month of parts.I also finally got more parts for DeLorean after getting nothing since May.

Its a bit of a mess at the moment.I hope Eaglemoss will release a definitive statement to clear this up.

Carl
birdaj2
#24 Posted : 09 October 2019 21:25:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Carl

As you say lots of conflicting information on facebook.

Seen a post earlier from an individual that says eaglemoss have been bought out by Swiss company the Die Cast Club.

I will be phoning them again in the morning to see if i can get any sense out of them and will let everyone know what i get told.

In a bit of limbo at the moment because i have this set up on paypal so not sure if to stop payments - which then causes an issue if it is still running, or leave alone in which case they could end up charging me again.

Hopefully i will have a better idea tomorrow.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
birdaj2
#25 Posted : 10 October 2019 11:44:37

Just phoned UK customer services and this is what they have told me.

1. The information provided earlier in the week by the die cast club was not 100% accurate.

2. Existing subscribers that have already received parts will continue to do so through to the end of the build.

3. No new subscribers to this build will be accepted.

4. My parts 7-10 shipped on tuesday and i am told i should rceive these by 22/10

5. I did ask what happens if spares are required and will they have stocks to support that but the chap i spoke to was not able to advise.

So there we have it (for today at least :-)).

Its still a "risk" as i see it but i am going to let it roll on and hope that before i "die" i will get to complete this model.

Tony
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
Steve1701
#26 Posted : 10 October 2019 12:31:38

Groups:

birdaj2 wrote:
Just phoned UK customer services and this is what they have told me.

1. The information provided earlier in the week by the die cast club was not 100% accurate.

2. Existing subscribers that have already received parts will continue to do so through to the end of the build.

3. No new subscribers to this build will be accepted.

4. My parts 7-10 shipped on tuesday and i am told i should rceive these by 22/10

5. I did ask what happens if spares are required and will they have stocks to support that but the chap i spoke to was not able to advise.

So there we have it (for today at least :-)).

Its still a "risk" as i see it but i am going to let it roll on and hope that before i "die" i will get to complete this model.

Tony

thanks for the info tony,

darbyvet
#27 Posted : 10 October 2019 15:04:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I read that too.Apparently Wayne Green from the "World of Wayne" youtube channel is making a video explaining what is going on.I will post a link once he has it up and running.

Carl

birdaj2
#28 Posted : 10 October 2019 16:36:40

Email just in at 16:27 from eaglemoss reads as follows:

We would like to thank you for collecting the James Bond DB5 collection.

It is with a heavy heart that we have to inform you, that due to unforeseen circumstances, we will not be able to continue producing this collection.

As a result, we have taken the regrettable decision to close the collection. We know that this will disappoint many of our loyal collectors, but if the situation changes we will be back in touch.

As a valued customer, we will process a full refund of your collection which will be credited in your account in the next three to five working days

As a token of our appreciation for ordering this collection, please use the promo: VoCUK06 to redeem a 10% discount in our E-shop: https://shop.eaglemoss.com/

Once again, we are sorry for this decision, but please feel free to reach our customer service team at: customerservice@eaglemoss.co.uk, or you can call us on: +44 191 490 64 21.

Confusion reigns supreme

Tony
Happy Modelling

darbyvet
#29 Posted : 10 October 2019 19:43:56

Wayne Green just posted on FB it is true it has been cancelled-at least in UK.Apparently he has an inside contact at Eaglemoss management.

Carl

darbyvet
#30 Posted : 10 October 2019 20:48:08

World of Waynes video is up on youtube explaining what happened with Eaglemoss and the Db5.Quite a story

Carl

roymattblack
#31 Posted : 10 October 2019 20:51:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Link...?

It would save searching.BigGrin
darbyvet
#32 Posted : 10 October 2019 21:17:23

Sorry forgot to post the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wness4w2fwA

Carl

Sparky1962
#33 Posted : 11 October 2019 05:30:43

morning everyone,
received same email ref aston martin db5 as everyone else, also received same for the Nissan GTR - here's hoping the ghostbusters ecto-1 gets the go ahead - as it looks like a beast.
Sparky1962
CaptnBirdseye
#34 Posted : 11 October 2019 11:19:59

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

darbyvet wrote:
Sorry forgot to post the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wness4w2fwA

Carl

Makes for interesting viewing. The fact he gave them a chance to respond, which they didn’t take, speaks volumes!
birdaj2
#35 Posted : 11 October 2019 21:01:13

Getting even more annoyed! Just had a refund notification for £41.95 which was the payment taken last week. When i spoke to cs on tuesday (when the build was off, before it was on again then off again) they said i would get a FULL refund of £74 so everything i had paid for this build. At the moment all i have been given is the last instalment refund and not for all the parts. Looks like another call needed monday

Tony
Happy Modelling

Steve1701
#36 Posted : 11 October 2019 21:04:50

Groups:

just had the same email tony, a refund of £41.95. will never use them again. Cursing Cursing
birdaj2
#37 Posted : 11 October 2019 21:27:28

Steve1701 wrote:
just had the same email tony, a refund of £41.95. will never use them again. Cursing Cursing

no way do i want a load of parts i cannot use so no doubt mondays call will be along the lines of "you need to send them back for a refund" or more likely "hard luck we do not want them back and you are not getting a refund".

There was a facebook update by someone claiming that charge they made for magazine 2 and the parts (£30 i think they reduced the charge to) was wrong as the signup listing did say 2 magazines and parts for whatever it was we paid.

That link went quiet but i will looking for my addional £35 ish back.

Tony
Happy Modelling

roymattblack
#38 Posted : 11 October 2019 22:06:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I'm sure EM will sort it all properly.
The fact you've just a refund on the 'last' payment, doesn't mean you won't get the other monies you have paid.

We are DeAgostini here and aren't involved, but even so, give EM a chance. They clearly have problems with these particular builds.
Let them sort it out.
I'm sure that nobody will lose out.

Roy.
Garth
#39 Posted : 12 October 2019 18:05:59

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Roy,
This is really frustrating Cursing
Hopefully you get ALL your money back!!!
Good luck.

Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
darbyvet
#40 Posted : 13 October 2019 14:39:42

According to Eaglemoss USA the DB5 is not being cancelled in USA so hopefully if that is true it means they have not abandoned the kit and will maybe re-release it in UK.

Carl