Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

SR cannons on main deck Options
iosman
#1 Posted : 26 June 2019 06:17:36

Groups: Registered

Hi all I have just started rigging the cannons on the main deck as once the cross deck goes on it would be a right faff to do it afterwards. I have rigged the out haul tackle but I don't know if these smaller guns had in haul tackle or they where dragged backwards by hand like the Vasa . Can't seem to find any reference for them

thanks .
iosman
Martyn Ingram
#2 Posted : 26 June 2019 06:30:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi iosman the guns on the Sol where fitted with Inhaul tackle as they were larger than the guns of the Vasa . The Vasa guns weren't fitted with dedicated Inhaul tackle but used one of the outhauls that was unhitched from the bulwark and attached to a ring bolt behind the gun Cool . The Inhaul tackle was only used to pull the gun backwards when the ship was getting ready to go into battle or if there was a miss fire with the gun . Most of the time they were layed out of the way so the crew could operate the gun with out tripping over them . I decided to show them on my guns but you could fit rings on the rear of the gun and the deck but leave the tackle off .
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe