Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Star Wars scooter scratchbuild Options
Kev the Modeller
#21 Posted : 08 July 2019 20:33:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Being an old fashioned modeller, all of this new fandangled 3D printing stuff really boggles my mind, but I have to say that you seem to be very well versed in it's technology and it certainly shows in your work.

Brilliant job so far Carl, very well done. Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
darbyvet
#22 Posted : 09 July 2019 01:57:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Cheers Kev,
OK here are the final rendered images. I ran out of time during the build so I didnt take any pictures of the painting of the model.

darbyvet attached the following image(s):
sc-17.jpg
sc-18.jpg
sc-19.jpg
sc-20.jpg
sc-21.jpg
sc-22.jpg
darbyvet
#23 Posted : 09 July 2019 02:06:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

OK here is the actual finished model.I had to rush the paint job to finish in time for Wonderfest.

It was a real learning experience .It is quite challenging to design a model from scratch.it was a lot of fun and has given me a good insight into how much time and effort is required to turn a design on paper into a real object

darbyvet attached the following image(s):
sc-23.jpg
sc-24.jpg
sc-25.jpg
sc-26.jpg
sc-27.jpg
sc-28.jpg
Gandale
#24 Posted : 09 July 2019 08:18:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

An amazing result Carl and all credit to you.... very well done.....Love Love

Regards

Alan
roymattblack
#25 Posted : 09 July 2019 08:21:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

That is brilliant.
I can see 3D printing at home hitting our hobby in a very big way in the future.
birdaj2
#26 Posted : 09 July 2019 11:08:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Carl

That looks really neat and what a great idea you had for this one as the end result is believable.

Seems you are a bit of a master with that 3d printing game. I dabbled a few times but total lack of skill on my part to try and design anything from scratch and after printing a few downloadable files the novelty sort of faded for me.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
tigerace
#27 Posted : 09 July 2019 11:30:14

Carl Outstanding mateBigGrin looks like something out of a hasbro blister pack Drool Drool great stuffBigGrin regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

CaptnBirdseye
#28 Posted : 09 July 2019 12:29:52

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Drool Excellent example of scratch building Love

Cheers Gray