Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

VW Samba announcement Options
admin
#1 Posted : 20 July 2019 00:28:51

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

***This is also posted in the inventory updates section. I will update there with a anticipated delivery date when I receive it.***

Dear customer,

Because of some unexpected events related to the supply of our product, it is possible that the next shipments of VW Samba Camper will be delayed.

Nonetheless, we guarantee that our product will be delivered regularly and that we will take care of restoring the correct schedule of the shipments as soon as possible.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

The ModelSpace team

PLEASE bear in mind that DeAgostini has never terminated a partwork buildup series before it was complete. I know delays in receiving your parts packs are frustrating, and I understand why. But, they ALWAYS do arrive, eventually.
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 20 July 2019 14:11:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

admin wrote:
***This is also posted in the inventory updates section. I will update there with a anticipated delivery date when I receive it.***

Dear customer,

Because of some unexpected events related to the supply of our product, it is possible that the next shipments of VW Samba Camper will be delayed.

Nonetheless, we guarantee that our product will be delivered regularly and that we will take care of restoring the correct schedule of the shipments as soon as possible.

The ModelSpace team

PLEASE bear in mind that DeAgostini has never terminated a partwork buildup series before it was complete. I know delays in receiving your parts packs are frustrating, and I understand why. But, they ALWAYS do arrive, eventually.

Mark this is certainly a step in the right direction.

While no one likes delays those frustrations can be eased with some open honest dialogue as everyone is told of the situation.

Its an approach i have wanted to see for a long time and just hope some of the other partwork companies take a leaf out of this book and do the same.

Hope that deagostini can pull itself back on track sooner rather than later and we can finally knock all these supply issues on the head once and for all.

Tony

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
delboy271155
#3 Posted : 20 July 2019 14:33:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

The good thing to remember is that in future if you need a status update giving the latest info on a specific kit you just need to follow the link below:

https://forum.model-spac...aspx?g=topics&f=623

This portal of information is easily available from the main forum menu. The 3rd one down from the top called "Inventory Updates.

Happy Modelling BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

andali15
#4 Posted : 20 July 2019 14:49:29

Great to be kept informed and as Tony says a step in the right direction. Hoping to be back on track to build soon. Andy.
mpfiend
#5 Posted : 23 July 2019 14:52:57

admin wrote:

Dear customer,

The ModelSpace team

So how long are we going to have to wait for parts now? there is no indication of what is wrong or when it will be rectified. the last paragraph doesn't install me with confidence that it will be resolved quickly.
admin
#6 Posted : 23 July 2019 15:37:36

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hello,

I just made a post to the Samba section regarding this very thing. Please have a look. I’ll be doing my best to keep the info up to date.

I’m not sure of the cause. However, an announced delay is far better than not knowing anything, wouldn’t you agree?
mpfiend
#7 Posted : 07 August 2019 05:27:49

admin wrote:
Hello,

I just made a post to the Samba section regarding this very thing. Please have a look. I’ll be doing my best to keep the info up to date.

I’m not sure of the cause. However, an announced delay is far better than not knowing anything, wouldn’t you agree?
]
Did I read your update correctly? there will be no shipment of pack 10 in August? Do we have a reason for this?
andali15
#8 Posted : 07 August 2019 09:12:09

Well we can’t do much other than wait. Was hoping build would be finished in October but that won’t happen now, looks like be more to end of year.
admin
#9 Posted : 07 August 2019 22:48:03

mpfiend wrote:
admin wrote:
Hello,

]
Did I read your update correctly? there will be no shipment of pack 10 in August? Do we have a reason for this?

The reason is to allow the build guides to catch up to the production of parts, thus avoiding a situation like what occurred with a Pack 9.
andali15
#10 Posted : 08 August 2019 08:13:25

I don’t know if I’m on my own on this but I would prefer to have the parts with me waiting for the build guide at least I can check the parts pre building, that being no worries there is a supply problem as with other builds re forum messages. This is only my opinion but can only wait till delivery arrives. Andy.
mpfiend
#11 Posted : 09 August 2019 05:25:38

andali15 wrote:
I don’t know if I’m on my own on this but I would prefer to have the parts with me waiting for the build guide at least I can check the parts pre building, that being no worries there is a supply problem as with other builds re forum messages. This is only my opinion but can only wait till delivery arrives. Andy.

I'm with you on this, it seems a strange decision to with hold parts packs because another vendor cannot deliver the instruction files on time. I too would prefer to have the parts and then wait for the PDF files.
stevy666
#12 Posted : 25 August 2019 10:58:50

I went into this build as with other builds? When I subscribed to this I thought that as long as I paid the subscription they would supply partworks on a regular basis ie every month.But are they failing because shortsightedness in not providing enough stock to cover the shortfalls?Therefore they are not keeping faith with the contract that was agreed when they started taking my money.
admin
#13 Posted : 26 August 2019 04:42:48

stevy666 wrote:
I went into this build as with other builds? When I subscribed to this I thought that as long as I paid the subscription they would supply partworks on a regular basis ie every month.But are they failing because shortsightedness in not providing enough stock to cover the shortfalls?Therefore they are not keeping faith with the contract that was agreed when they started taking my money.

Delays unfortunately happen, with just about every manufacturer on the face of this planet. They can be caused by many factors. It is frustrating for everyone involved in a build, myself included, but I also know that I will get what I ordered. And, I have, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

DeAgostini is working at getting the delays rectified. I have posted the most current update available, and as soon as I know more, I will post that as well. All I can ask, and suggest is that you have patience, and a bit of trust.

This topic will now be locked. The section that is appropriate is the new “Moans and Groan” tab.