Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
Scale 1/87 - Red Army 1945 Germany, "Hitler kaputt" Options
Christian M.
#21 Posted : 27 July 2019 19:57:48

Groups: Registered

I have done some further work on the tank ...

Here the sprue of the Preiser figures for Russian tank crew... unfortunatley photo isn't really sharp, sorry ...

The 2 one chosen for the JS-2 ... to show seize a 1 (Euro) Cent above ...

And here painted ...

And placed in the hatches ...

Next would be the infantry sitting on the rear ... but I think I work first with ruined house further ...
These 2 words open all doors in your life:

Press and drag!
Markwarren
#22 Posted : 28 July 2019 08:59:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

That is some very nice work Christian, coming on excellent.Love Drool Drool

Mark
Kev the Modeller
#23 Posted : 28 July 2019 13:08:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Excellent work Christian, a credit to your skills. Well done. Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Christian M.
#24 Posted : 29 July 2019 07:43:56

Thank you guys ... BigGrin

As told, I worked some further with the ruined house.

Current staus is this ...

To the neighbor house right, I have made the remains of the gable wall of the collapsed house from Styrodur on the gable wall ... first roughly designed.

The section of the sidewalk, which is on the base of the house, I had cut off at the other two houses. Here I leave the area on purpose and do not cut off, because of course there will be still a lot of debris and rubble in front of the house being made by me ... which will cover this section at least.
So ... not doing more work as necessary at least

Of course the ruin is far from being ready ... a lot of of more smaller things to do, aside the rubble and debris area.

Press and drag!
Markwarren
#25 Posted : 29 July 2019 08:03:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Coming along very nicely, looking pretty ruined already.Love

Mark
Christian M.
#26 Posted : 29 July 2019 08:23:08

Thank you BigGrin

Well ... there are still many little things. Of course, much of debris and rubble all around the whole ruin what's missing ... and then I have to make the made of Styrodur gable segment of course still. Likewise, support beams come to this wall, which should prevent the collapse of the original. YOu can see this a little bit on the photos of the OP where I showed the old diorama in my local hobby shop and which is my source of inspiration BigGrin

Likewise, I have many small things like radiators, a second bathtub, crashed and bent double T beams, remnants of water pipes and in a few places even remnants of wallpaper to make.

And as far as debris and rubble are concerned, there must be something on the sidewalk and on the street as well.

Press and drag!
Christian M.
#27 Posted : 02 August 2019 19:02:31

Time for a new little update ...

I worked a big part further on the ruined house and it looks now "ruined" BigGrin

Press and drag!
jase
#28 Posted : 03 August 2019 07:29:27

your bomb damage looks great so far. keep the pics comingDrool Drool
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Christian M.
#29 Posted : 03 August 2019 12:27:57

Thank you ... BigGrin

Press and drag!
Gandale
#30 Posted : 03 August 2019 22:43:49

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

This is turning out to be something special, all credit to your skills....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Christian M.
#31 Posted : 08 August 2019 16:35:56

Thank you ...

A new Update ...

I worked on the debris area further, also I started with the debris area on the other street side too.

Here on first photo you can see in the right the first assembled Studebaker truck, not yet ready and I show the build later in a seperate post.

Cheers,
Christian

Press and drag!
Christian M.
#32 Posted : 24 August 2019 20:22:35

Hello,

time for a new update ...

First of all I will show the building of the Studebaker truck and the 122 mm howitzer.

Here the parts of the truck ...

The front window of the "Stude" could be opened to the front / above, so I want to make this too. I made a new frame scratch.

The stirrups of the back board wall are much too large, so i remove tem and make them new scratch.
In general has the ADV kit a more rare loading area of the Stude included, which was used in early times. Later Studebaker trucks had the same loading area as the GMC 2.5 to trucks due to simplify the production in the US.
But I have no desire to buy extra 2 GMC trucks for changing the loading area ... hell on it, I use the included one.

At the chassis the exhaust pipe is unfortunatley not correct, so I made a new one from Plasic rod so far as it is visible later on the diorama.
Also, the fuel tank is in the kit out of whatever reason above open, so it must be closed.

The first one of the 2 "Stude" will have an open loading area. So I made the bars of the tarpaulin from copper wire and plastic rod. it is, as told, other like the usual one of the well-known GMC truck of the US Amry.

Of course, a driver figure is inside too. unfortunaly there is no spave for a co-driver figure ...

Some further small details followed, as for example wipers and mirrors for the front window ... made scratch from plastic sprue and then all parts were painted with 2 layers / shades of oliv drab.
It is the same color as used by the US Army in WW-2 , because Red Army does not re-paint American equipment after they were deliverd due to land-lease agreement.
Some aging and outlining was done with oil colors too.

Next comes the 122 mm howitzer from Trident. It is a resin kit ... and honestly, I have no clue why people so often tell that resin is better as plastic in modelling. Sure, for larger figures it could be or is the case, but for vehicles I have more disappointment moments like here.
The list of errors, wrong or missing details is long and the quality of the comparable German 7.5 cm Pak 40 from Preiser in plastic makes a clear rating result of plastic is better.

Anyway, there is no alternative for it, so going ahead...

Also ... in meantime, I painted some soldiers from Preiser for the loading deck of the truck, out some ammo boxes on it too and the current result of the truck + howitzer is this...

Press and drag!
Christian M.
#33 Posted : 24 August 2019 20:41:08

At the diorama itself, the cobblestones were further detailed ... a very tedious painting work, also I had to re-stamp the stones here and there again, looked in some places not so good at closer inspection.Glare

By the way ... there was on another German forum where I'm "at home" a little bit of discussion because of the plates on the sidewalk, if they are too big for scale 1/87.
As you can see on the photo below, 4 of the square plates on the diorama are about 3 cm long.
Now with simple mathematics calculated how big a plate on the diorama would be in the original ... and we come to about 65 cm. In and around Berlin, this is just the seize of the very often used plates since the 1920's.
Research before doing is just important ... what I did and do here and in general ... it saves you from stupid mistakes ... and you can easy explain things. Cool

Press and drag!
Markwarren
#34 Posted : 25 August 2019 10:08:19

Great work Christian, looks a stunning build.Love

Mark
Christian M.
#35 Posted : 26 August 2019 11:47:55

Thank you Mark ...

On weekend I build the abandoned Panther G tank.
In the original planning, the Panther should have been shot down, but then it occurred to me that it is quite elaborate and the bullet hole (in the turret) is also on the other, invisible side. So I decided to depose him after a loss. The story is that he had a technical defect and there was a tow attempt ... but then suddenly the Russians were there and the crew + recovery tank decided to run off better ... where the tow bars were left on the front of the Panther.

The kit is from Arsenal-M, plastic and is very good done. There is an alternative model existing from Trident, which is same way good ... and of course further manufactures. All have normally also Panther A, D and Jagdpanther in their stock.
Aside the kit, I used PE part set from Hauler for the grill on the motor deck too...

Here the kit and it's parts ...

Because all hatches will be open ... all aside hatch on rear of turret and motor hatch ... I decided to build somehow a little bit of the interior of driver and radio operator area from srap parts and plastic sheet .. so the view through their hatches will not fell into deep emptiness. It was roughly painted white too... roughly is enough for it.

Then the assembly of the tank follows ... whereby the tracks and running gear will be painted seperated and installed later.
The cover plate on the gun cover is missing, so I imitated it with Plastic Sheet and dented it directly a little bit too.

The storage boxes at the rear I have shown open, so cut open at the top, the flaps made of Plastic Sheet and pulled sprue the brackets. The late exhaust pipes, I have slightly drilled at the top ... usually there is a rotor, but I do not get it made in the small seize ... so only a hole now.
Note: Yes ... the right PE lattice is not sitting correctly, I first noticed it myself in the photo and was then corrected.

The mount for the AA MG at commanders cupola is in the kit massive = wrong. So I corrected it with sprue. The insides of the hatches of driver and radio operator I have also provided with the inner workings made out of sprue.

Then followed the painting, done with slef mixed colors on base of Revell Aqua colors, aging and weathering done by oil paint. AND NOW you can also see, from where the title of the diorama comes!
A Euro 1 Cent coin in front to show the seize of the model fro better understanding ...
Note: I made the tracks completly in light / orange rust, because the tank still stands some days here and due to my own military experience I know that tank tracks start directly to rust if not being moved.
Also, the bow MG and AA MG are removed ... taken by the crew when they left their tank.

Press and drag!
Christian M.
#36 Posted : 28 August 2019 14:44:40

Hi all,

Here is a small photo series of the diorama from the current state ...

Press and drag!
darbyvet
#37 Posted : 28 August 2019 15:27:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Looking great.I love the railings .very realistic.

Carl

tigerace
#38 Posted : 29 August 2019 11:02:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

superb work BigGrin love the PantherDrool Drool regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Markwarren
#39 Posted : 30 August 2019 09:28:15

Great work, your attention to detail is excellent.Love Drool

Mark
Christian M.
#40 Posted : 02 September 2019 11:17:36

Thank you guys

I have worked some further on the vehicles for the diorama and made the second IS-2 tank.
Opening the box there was a somehow wondering, because a different upper hull as on the first IS-2 kit. Well ... as far as I have investigated, the first kit I build is an earlier IS-2 tank and the the one now is a later version.

Here on this phote you can see the difference ... note the hull side below the turret.

Assembly was so far the same as on first IS-2 ... painting is a little bit other, but again done with Revell Aqua colors and oil artist paint. The tank is not yet ready in paint and weathering job etc., in moment the oil color has to dry before I can work further on it.

And here both IS-2 tanks together again ...

Even I have no big problem with 2 different versions of the IS-2 ... it is on the other hand a little bit annoying that the kit does not deliver the same content in one and the other box ...

Press and drag!