Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

25 Pages «<232425
Goddo's Build Options
delboy271155
#481 Posted : 21 June 2023 12:49:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

goddo wrote:
Hi Mark,
I have all the crewmen thanks and that isn't a problem.
The magazine does state that Nelson, Hardy and Atkinson are supplied separately but they certainly aren't in my kit.
I did buy the complete kit back in 2017 and although I made sure I had all the packs, I didn't open the figurine pack to see if everyone was included. Stupid me!!
Oh well, I shall search and see if they are available elsewhere.
Chris

Hi Chris, BigGrin

Just done a check into this via the Official Build for you and it appears that crew and officers were supplied between issue 118 to 120. The officers were in issue 118 and I`m assuming that one of them was Nelson as he had his hand inside his coat. LOL

Hope this helps with your search.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

goddo
#482 Posted : 22 June 2023 10:58:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

delboy271155 wrote:
goddo wrote:
Hi Mark,
I have all the crewmen thanks and that isn't a problem.
The magazine does state that Nelson, Hardy and Atkinson are supplied separately but they certainly aren't in my kit.
I did buy the complete kit back in 2017 and although I made sure I had all the packs, I didn't open the figurine pack to see if everyone was included. Stupid me!!
Oh well, I shall search and see if they are available elsewhere.
Chris

Hi Chris, BigGrin

Just done a check into this via the Official Build for you and it appears that crew and officers were supplied between issue 118 to 120. The officers were in issue 118 and I`m assuming that one of them was Nelson as he had his hand inside his coat. LOL

Hope this helps with your search.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Thanks Derek,
I'll have one last hunt around but almost convinced I haven't had them The only difference between my kit purchase date and now is that the full kit was packed in a slightly different way when I got it. For instance, all the gun barrels and gun carriage kits were all bundled togather. Never really gave it much thought until I started working my way through the instructions.
Odo
#483 Posted : 25 June 2023 10:38:38

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

goddo wrote:
Today I became really flustered……well, angry actually. That’s angry with myself of course!!!
After all this time I decided to open all the packs of figurines and there are some missing.
Namely, Nelson, Hardy and Atkinson. Loads of seamen in various poses but the main guys just aren’t included.
Has anybody got the pack number that these figurines should have been included, please?
Many thanks in advance.

Hi Goddo,

I hear your frustration big time. When I received my complete kit, I quickly found that all! the figures were missing.

I ordered my kit from Germany and instantly got in contact with their customer service....

To cut a 8 month long story short, I managed to order a complete set of all the crew from ModelSpace UK directly. So if you've not contacted them yet, this would be your best option!

However, the set they sent me doubled up on Nelson, Hardy and Atkinson. I'm happy to part with the spare set. Just DM me if you're interested.

Cheers
Odo

Odo attached the following image(s):
IMG_4130.jpg
delboy271155
#484 Posted : 25 June 2023 14:46:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

It makes me happy to see people on the forum helping others out.Cool

WTG Odo, nice one.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

goddo
#485 Posted : 28 June 2023 15:19:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Odo,
That is indeed a very kind offer.
Firstly, my apologies for not responding earlier but I have had to have some tinkering done on my heart and modelling took a back seat for a while.
I have now sent you a PM to explain things a little more clearly.
Chris
goddo
#486 Posted : 29 June 2023 10:45:21

Well, I have reached the end of the journey as far as the HMS Victory build is concerned. I've had a wonderful, informative time with this kit. Learning a few skills, enjoying every minute spent on it (not sure my wife is quite so ecstatic) and also getting to know so many helpful fellow modellers.

I also added a couple of service boats on the davits to add a bit of "uniqueness".
As my model was built with standing rigging only. I decided to select some of the figurines and use them as sailors working on supplies and maintenance etc rather than battle stations. Probably not for the purists but I thought it added that extra something to my efforts.

goddo
#487 Posted : 29 June 2023 11:10:24

Forgot to mention in my last post:

I wish every Victory builder all the very best and hope you get as much satisfaction as I have from the experience.
I do have a few odds and ends that I never used myself so if anyone is looking for a few bits, I may be able to help out. Just drop a line here or PM me as I will always be looking in. BigGrin BigGrin

Good luck.

Chris
leedsfromsouth
#488 Posted : 29 June 2023 12:19:20

Great work Chris you should be very proud of your build ,I hope my build turns out half as good…
Rich
Odo
#489 Posted : 29 June 2023 20:31:43

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Congratulations Chris on your finished Victory. She's quite a beauty!ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

You can now join Nelson and his men enjoying their refreshments Wink
GilShapley
#490 Posted : 29 June 2023 20:45:05

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Time to " Splice The Main Brace "

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
delboy271155
#491 Posted : 29 June 2023 21:03:15

WTG Chris, ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

That has turned out to be a stunning build that you should be well proud of.

I congratulate you also on your persistence, as I know how much work is involved in putting one of these kits together. Certainly not a job for the short term.

Your "RED" medal for the completed build will show soon.

In fact, I feel you should have a "YELLOW" medal as well for an "Outstanding Build"

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

goddo
#492 Posted : 30 June 2023 12:33:14

Thank you for all your kind comments and the medal awards are much appreciated.

Yes, I calculated (very roughly) that in the three years and eleven months of starting the kit, I have spent around 5700 hours building (and rebuilding) the ship. I wonder how that equates in man-hours to the construction of the real thing? The main thing for me is that the time is irrelevant. It's all about the enjoyment (and frustrations) with some steep learning curves that it has given me.

My next ship will be Santisima Trinidad so I will start a diary for that but in the meantime, I have a couple of smaller kits to build.

Chris
z8000783
#493 Posted : 01 July 2023 13:54:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Super work Chris, many congrats for getting to the end.

goddo
#494 Posted : 01 July 2023 18:43:58

z8000783 wrote:

Super work Chris, many congrats for getting to the end.

Thank John .
Good luck with yours too. I'm sure it will be a corker !!
Chris
Markwarren
#495 Posted : 02 July 2023 16:04:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Superb work Chris. A truly outstanding build.Love Love Love Drool Drool Drool
Mark
goddo
#496 Posted : 02 July 2023 23:45:11

Thanks Mark,
Very much appreciated.
Chris
richard.l
#497 Posted : 16 July 2023 22:50:21

Congratulations on completing your build Chris,it really is a monumental achievement to build one of these ships, so many try and fail. You mentioned about any bits we might need and i am missing a few hammock cranes at the front and back if you have any spares left over i need 6 x 12mm cranes to complete forcastle and am missing all the poop deck cranes and they have been out of stock all year on Cornwall model boats.
goddo
#498 Posted : 17 July 2023 16:22:43

Hi Richard,
Many thanks for the kind words about my build. Much appreciated.
Unfortunately I cannot help you with the hammock cranes. In fact I had to manufacture two myself due to shortage in the packaging. Hopefully someone else can help you.
Chris