Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

MWG enhancements Options
goddo
#1 Posted : 27 July 2019 19:22:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

I wonder if anybody can help me with some enhancement parts?
Having read a lot of the Victory build diaries, I see that at one time, Mike Gilmore (MWG) was selling additional embellishment parts for this particular kit. Does anyone know if he is still around or even if these parts are still available? I’ve tried pm’ing him through this forum but no response as yet.
Thanks in advance. Goddo.
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 27 July 2019 19:25:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

goddo wrote:
I wonder if anybody can help me with some enhancement parts?
Having read a lot of the Victory build diaries, I see that at one time, Mike Gilmore (MWG) was selling additional embellishment parts for this particular kit. Does anyone know if he is still around or even if these parts are still available? I’ve tried pm’ing him through this forum but no response as yet.
Thanks in advance. Goddo.

Mike had not been on the forum for a few years now. 25/08/16 was the last visit.

I know the last time he posted he said he was no longer selling the parts.

Only option might be someone that purchased a set they are willing to sell.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
goddo
#3 Posted : 27 July 2019 19:32:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Tony, thanks for quick reply. A shame Mike is no longer on this forum. He was a very skilled modeller IMHO , along with many, many others I should add. If anybody does have any of these enhancement parts they would be willing to sell, I would be interested. Thanks.
goddo
#4 Posted : 27 July 2019 19:33:03

I should hasten to add that I do not wish to break any forum rules re: buying/selling third party parts. Thanks.Blushing
jase
#5 Posted : 27 July 2019 21:24:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I think i can help you out. I think i have the stern gallery etch. I am away on holiday at the moment but as soon as I am beck i will let you know what I have. Before the end of the week

Please pm me
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
birdaj2
#6 Posted : 27 July 2019 22:08:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Goddo

Fingers crossed for you that you get what you need but straight away you have a possible there from Jase.

I purchased a set of the "boarding Pikes" and while i don't want to raise your hopes i will search through my stash tomorrow as i am fairly certain Mike had a price list of parts that just might have a contact (outside of modelspace) email as a contact point. It is along lost email but i may have printed it.

Really hope you get the bits you are searching for but that said have you considered looking on SHAPEWAYS?

I am after some 1:87 victory parts at the moment and do know they list a massive amount of victory upgrades in all scales, its just another suggestion and option.

https://www.shapeways.co...mp;q=1%3A78+hms+victory

Tony
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
goddo
#7 Posted : 28 July 2019 00:41:06

Thanks for the replies from jase and birdaj2, especially the link to Shapeways.
I must admit that they are a "new" company to me. I shall investigate further.
Regards
Goddo.
birdaj2
#8 Posted : 28 July 2019 20:05:28

Goddo

Well as promised i did spent some time this weekend trying to get some help for you but not really achieved much.

I know that the only set i purchased from Mike was a brass boarding pikes set.

I have dug that out and interestingly it has a card header showing it was manufactured by Caldercraft.

Now i do know when Mike kicked off the line he posted on here that he was getting the designs done by a well known manufacturer although that name to the best of my knowledge was never posted.

As the boarding pikes are marked up with the deagostini Victory kit scale and i am fairly certain they do not produce this scale in their own boat range logic would say if they made the boarding pikes (and that is certain) then its highly likely they produced the rest of the parts he was selling.

I did have an email from Mike with his price list but even been in the loft this weekend to dig out the old pc in the hope it might be on there but no luck.

So despite best efforts i am really sorry i have really drawn a blank.

All i could suggest is give caldercraft a call to see if they can offer any help (you will see them online as Jotika).

Tony
Happy Modelling

jase
#9 Posted : 28 July 2019 21:37:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

birdaj2 wrote:
Goddo

Well as promised i did spent some time this weekend trying to get some help for you but not really achieved much.

I have dug that out and interestingly it has a card header showing it was manufactured by Caldercraft.

Now i do know when Mike kicked off the line he posted on here that he was getting the designs done by a well known manufacturer although that name to the best of my knowledge was never posted.

As the boarding pikes are marked up with the deagostini Victory kit scale and i am fairly certain they do not produce this scale in their own boat range logic would say if they made the boarding pikes (and that is certain) then its highly likely they produced the rest of the parts he was selling.

I did have an email from Mike with his price list but even been in the loft this weekend to dig out the old pc in the hope it might be on there but no luck.

All i could suggest is give caldercraft a call to see if they can offer any help (you will see them online as Jotika).

Tony

I can confirm that Mike did get Caldercraft to make all the etch. Its a changed scale of the set they use on their 1:72 Victory. I talked extensivly with him at the time. I origonaly had 70 sets but he did sell out it did not make the money he anticipated and I belive he then turned his hand to a shop selling vape liquid.

Any how i purchased the gallery etch, pikes cat head crowns and fire buckets and never used any of them. My daughter has the kit now and is building it with the origonal kit parts. I just need to dig them out which I can do Wednesday.
i also have a full set of all the cast seaman if you fancy them? Drop me a PM so we can discuss delivery address

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
goddo
#10 Posted : 29 July 2019 18:19:56

birdaj2 wrote:
Goddo

Tony

Hi Tony,
Thanks very much for your prompt reply on this especially climbing around in the loft for old pc's!!
It's very kind of you to have gone to the trouble of looking.
I will investigate further through Caldercraft/Jotika and see what happens.
Regards
Goddo (Chris)
goddo
#11 Posted : 29 July 2019 18:26:47

Hi Jase, thanks for the reply and pm sent this evening.
Regards
Goddo (Chris)
birdaj2
#12 Posted : 29 July 2019 18:38:04

Chris

No worries.

Looks like you may well be ok from the replies jase has sent you so that will be good.

Only problem going into the loft (apart from it being a tad warm) was "finding things" i had forgotten about :-)

Tony

Happy Modelling

admin
#13 Posted : 29 July 2019 18:58:00

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi guys,

If I could get you all to take a moment, and read the following;

http://forum.us.model-sp...spx?g=posts&t=32343

This policy change was made necessary due to some previous problems.

Thank you!
birdaj2
#14 Posted : 29 July 2019 19:29:43

admin wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you!

Whoops - sorry.

Aware now not to promote private sales

Tony
Happy Modelling

goddo
#15 Posted : 29 July 2019 22:26:35

admin wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you!

Hi Admin,
Sorry about that. It won't happen again.
Goddo (Chris)
admin
#16 Posted : 30 July 2019 02:19:28

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

goddo wrote:
admin wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you!

Hi Admin,
Sorry about that. It won't happen again.
Goddo (Chris)

Absolutely no worries! A policy is worthless if folks don’t know it exists. It’s something I’ve been wrestling with for a while, and finally managed to settle on something that felt reasonable.