Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Got on Sale Options
w1xq
#1 Posted : 02 August 2019 19:20:32

Groups: Registered

Well, seeing that the HMS Surprise went on summer sale for the 14 month subscription in the US, I took advantage and ordered it. Seeing comments from people in the UK being out of stock and AL have hold on premium kits, wanted to take advantage and get one. I will accumulate the packs as I finish my Soleil Royal. If I can just figure how to post PCs now, I’m still having trouble, but oh well. Been looking over the pack build guides.
73 de John
W1XQ (ham radio operator)
Amateur Radio Lighthouse Society
Operator aboard Museum Ship USS Stewart and USS Cavalla

Current attempt: Soleil Royal
Prior Builds: Nantucket Lightship, South Goodwin Light vessel, Natchez Packet Paddlewheeler, Souhern Belle Paddlewheel Towboat
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 02 August 2019 19:55:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

w1xq wrote:
Well, seeing that the HMS Surprise went on summer sale for the 14 month subscription in the US, I took advantage and ordered it. Seeing comments from people in the UK being out of stock and AL have hold on premium kits, wanted to take advantage and get one. I will accumulate the packs as I finish my Soleil Royal. If I can just figure how to post PCs now, I’m still having trouble, but oh well. Been looking over the pack build guides.

Look forward to seeing this one come together.

I had no luck with my subscription sadly so had to cancel it. On the UK ModelSpace shop if you click on the link its listed as out of stock now. I shall keep an eye open to see ifit does reappear at some point.

I spoke directly with artesania latina recently and received confirmation from them that they are no longer producing this kit (had wondered why none of the usual outlets had stock).

It may well be that deagostini have an arrangement with artesanialatina to have further sets made (that is what i am hoping for)

Not asked them directly but also seems a number of their other premium kits have ceased production at the moment.

Hope you have some good fun with yours.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
w1xq
#3 Posted : 02 August 2019 20:03:27

Thanks Tony. Seeing your comments on earlier post made me think I better act quick before they sell out in the US. Always wanted to build this and didn’t want it to get away!
73 de John
W1XQ (ham radio operator)
Amateur Radio Lighthouse Society
Operator aboard Museum Ship USS Stewart and USS Cavalla

Current attempt: Soleil Royal
Prior Builds: Nantucket Lightship, South Goodwin Light vessel, Natchez Packet Paddlewheeler, Souhern Belle Paddlewheel Towboat