Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages 123>
Its really time I got my modelling organised Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 30 August 2019 15:17:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I`m at a stage where I have "GOT TO" get organised.

I guess lots of people have looked for something, saying "I know I`ve got that somewhere" but can`t find it. So you buy another one, only to find the missing one a short while after.

Its that Cursing Cursing Cursing moment.

So what`s this about? Blink Blink

The Hobbyzone Modular Workshop

These items are available to import from the manufacturer in Poland, but are also available in the UK from several outlets.

Until recently you had to purchase single units of your choice and bundle them together to make up what you wanted.

Yesterday I found an outlet that sells a big starter bundle that you can change/expand at will. This is not cheap, but if you want you can build a workshop one piece at a time or as your finances allow.

I ordered my workshop yesterday and received two large heavy boxes today.Cool

Here`s the link to the supplier I used, but a Google search for Hobbyzone will throw up more.

https://www.alwayshobbie...ganisers#q=pageitems.62

Onto my review: "At Last I Hear" LOL Flapper

Picture 1: Two heavy boxes

Picture 2/3: The 26 inner boxes

Picture 4: This is what you get in the big set

Picture 5: The flat pack contents of the first unit I will build

Picture 6: A clipped picture of that unit built

All you need to build these units is a good PVA glue, a small tapping hammer and as these units are held together by magnets an understanding of how magnets work with each other.

Numbered instructions are included with each unit.

I will only review each type of unit once and then review the complete workshop when complete.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
1a.jpg
1b.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

CaptnBirdseye
#2 Posted : 30 August 2019 16:42:05

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Del, you are going to be one busy boy! I bought my starter set from those guys, and was very impressed with it. Admittedly, i only went for the starter set, but is ideal for what i wanted it for, and like you say, being modular they are easy to add to so you can get just the configuration needed ThumpUp

Cheers Gray
darbyvet
#3 Posted : 30 August 2019 17:12:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

that looks really neat.Looking forward to seeing the finished set up

Carl

GilShapley
#4 Posted : 30 August 2019 20:13:16

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

How about adding this as a Deagostini Kit available on a monthly basis

BigGrin BigGrin ThumpUp ThumpUp Woot Woot

Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
Gandale
#5 Posted : 30 August 2019 22:23:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very nice set up Derek, have fun with the assembly....Cool Cool .. Remember though, you only be organised if you use this little lot correctly ….BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#6 Posted : 31 August 2019 09:28:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

They are great bits of kit, I have some already, not to that extent though. Just waiting for youngest son to move out to take over his room. (Evil laugh)

Mark
admin
#7 Posted : 31 August 2019 16:54:43

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I’ve got a full suite of HobbyZone stuff. It’s fantastic. Oddly, I STILL can’t see the top of my bench..(HOW did I manage to get so much paint???)
arpurchase
#8 Posted : 31 August 2019 19:22:15

BigGrin Looks a nice set and will last you wellCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

delboy271155
#9 Posted : 02 September 2019 17:43:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

BigGrin BigGrin

Many, many thanks to all who looked in and for the positive comments.

Cool Cool Cool

I have now cleared the table this set-up will go on and attached a picture. The ruler is a one metre size, so shows the space I have.

As I build the units I`ll add pics of the layout on the table as it progresses.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
5.jpg

delboy271155
#10 Posted : 04 September 2019 17:46:38

Ok, here`s the first unit construction. BigGrin

This is the six drawer unit, but read on as I have an idea to make this a much more useful unit and let you buy more units for the same money. That`s if you buy the units on a single basis. Cool Cool

This unit starts with the two end plates and the central shelf. Always apply glue (I used aliphatic pva and it works well) sparingly and remove any excess with a damp cloth or cotton bud.

When you glue the three parts together, I used the back panel as a guide to make sure things were straight and square, but made sure no glue touched the back plate. It was then left to set.(Pic 1)

Tip: I am showing this as making one unit at a time, but there is nothing stopping you from building a second base of a unit and/or another unit at the same time.
(Just be careful you don`t mix up the parts).

When the ends and central shelf are set, add the two dividers and the base plate. Turn the unit upside down and allow to set. You can clamp or tape the parts till they set, but the parts do fit together very well.(Pics 2 and 3)

Next I set the two upper dividers and fixed the top plate. (Pic 4)

Having used the back plate to set up the initial parts, I found that the back plate was a perfect fit (Pics 5 and 6). At this point the carcass of the unit is finished. (Pic 7)

For this unit you build six drawers (only one shown Blink )

Note: be careful to select the left/right side panels as you have to fit the perspex panel into the front of the drawer.

I constructed the base, sides and back of the drawer in one go, noting the slots for the perspex windows of the drawer. (Pic 8)

Place the perspex window in place without any glue (Pic 9), then carefully glue the front panel in place to complete the drawer (Pic 10) and you will see how good a fit the drawers are when dry. (Pic 11)

Build the other five drawers and you have a complete unit (Pic 12) , apart from the magnets. More on that when I`ve built a few units.

Now the money saver.Drool

The drawers in this unit are large. I have used map pins for an example and used approx 150. This only fills half the drawer, so make a divider down the middle (front to back) and you can turn six drawers into twelve. (Pics 13 and 14).

Next unit coming soon. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg

darbyvet
#11 Posted : 04 September 2019 20:23:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Cool.Its like building a model to help you build a model!!

Carl
delboy271155
#12 Posted : 05 September 2019 21:44:50

Hi All, BigGrin

Thanks for all the comments. Cool

This is an infinitely adjustable set of units that I hope will give me the incentive to keep things organised and as stated by Mark(Admin) may save me buying more paints when I know exactly what I have in the stash.

@ Carl: These units are a build within themselves, but each one gets easier as you go and takes less time. All the units use the same basics of construction, its just that some have more parts than others.

So the next update is for the small display unit.

As before I glued and set up the end panels and centre shelf, using the back panel to get things straight and square. (Pic 1).NOTE: Check the orientation of the end panels, as there are extra holes that must be at the front/top to accommodate the front perspex panel.

Next the top/bottom panels and the back panel are fixed in place.(Pics 2 and 3).

Carefully flex the perspex panel to fit the pivot lugs into place in the end panels. You can now display small models inside the unit. I have used a 1:16 scale figure for this purpose.(Pic 4)

Pic 5 shows how the two units built so far look like together, with a 12 inch ruler in front.

Next update will be a corner drawer unit. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

20.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg

delboy271155
#13 Posted : 25 September 2019 18:24:12

Well I`ve been getting on with this system and have lots of updating to do.Blink

The corner drawer unit gives you 5 drawers. 4 like the ones shown previously and a tall narrow draw with internal dividers.

Pic 1: Fit the two guide rails for the centre drawer

Pic 2: Fit the inner vertical walls

Pic 3: Add the horizontal dividers and outer walls

Pic 4: Fit the top panel

Pic 5: Add the three back panels

Pic 6 and 7: Construct the centre drawer and add the dividers. Note I have not and will not glue any of the dividers in place as this will allow me to change the configuration of each drawer as I wish. Where I have not needed the dividers I have stored them in the drawer in case they are needed later.

I built the four smaller drawers as before

Pic 8: The completed unit

Pic 9: What`s been built at this stage.

That`s it for this update, more coming very soon.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
25.jpg
27.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg
32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg
35.jpg

delboy271155
#14 Posted : 25 September 2019 19:04:42

Next the very easy three drawer unit.

Pic 1: I made the basic carcass up on the back panel to get it all square. Then turned it over and glued on the back panel

Pic 2: Made up the drawers and placed the dividers in them

Pic 3: Completed

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
36.jpg
37.jpg
38.jpg

andali15
#15 Posted : 25 September 2019 19:14:16

Looking good Derek. Keep going. Andy.
delboy271155
#16 Posted : 25 September 2019 19:17:33

To put a finish to the end of the units there are three drawer triangular units.

One thing to note is that the sides of the drawers are slightly different lengths as they butt together at right angles.

Pic 1: Shelf panels fixed to one side panel

Pic 2: Second side panel in place.

Pic 3: Carcass completed

Pic 4: A drawer base and sides

Pic 5: Drawer with front added

Pic 6: Unit complete and in place

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
39.jpg
40.jpg
41.jpg
42.jpg
43.jpg
44.jpg

Markwarren
#17 Posted : 25 September 2019 19:18:45

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Cracking on with it very nicely Derek, looking good. The only problem is when it’s complete it will take a few week to know which drawers you put thing in.LOL

Mark
delboy271155
#18 Posted : 25 September 2019 19:21:20

Markwarren wrote:
Cracking on with it very nicely Derek, looking good. The only problem is when it’s complete it will take a few week to know which drawers you put thing in.LOL

Mark

I have a cunning plan for that problem.(Or two Confused )

LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#19 Posted : 25 September 2019 19:25:26

andali15 wrote:
Looking good Derek. Keep going. Andy.

Thanks Andy,BigGrin

The quality of these units show for themselves. You only have to be careful how much glue you apply. I cleaned off any excess with a wet cotton bud.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#20 Posted : 25 September 2019 19:38:41

Now, the last update for today is the double height display unit. Although as you will see later, I have utilised this unit for storing mostly large bottles as I don`t make many small items.Blink Blink

A very basic unit.

Pic 1: I glued and lined up the sides, top and bottom with the back plate. Then flipped the unit and glued on the back panel.(Just make sure the two pivot holes for the front perspex panel are in the correct position)

Pic 2: Press (DO NOT GLUE) the shelf supports in your desired position

Pic 3: Insert the part shelf in place, again no glue required

Pic 4: Carefully flex the perspex front panel and locate the pivot lugs

That`s it for today`s update and when you have built some duplicate units it`s the base level completed.

One down two to go. LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
45.jpg
46.jpg
47.jpg
48.jpg