Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
Its really time I got my modelling organised Options
tf64
#21 Posted : 25 September 2019 20:52:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Nice and square glass or wood doors Del.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

delboy271155
#22 Posted : 25 September 2019 21:49:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

tf64 wrote:
Nice and square glass or wood doors Del.

Hi Trev, BigGrin

Thanks for looking in. Cool

The manufacture of this stuff is really good. I have only found one minor error and it only needs a slight change in the assembly order to make good. (More on that soon in the updates)

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#23 Posted : 25 September 2019 23:21:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

All looking good Derek, soon you'll be able to put everything to good use.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#24 Posted : 26 September 2019 16:46:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Gandale wrote:
All looking good Derek, soon you'll be able to put everything to good use.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan, BigGrin

Thanks for looking in. Cool

Everything is already being put to good use, I`m playing catch-up with the diary as the need to get this set up done and dusted was the priority as you will see with the final pics. I now have at least got organised chaos.LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#25 Posted : 26 September 2019 16:59:01

Hi All, BigGrin

Next update shows the paper towel rack which is a great addition for clearing up those accidental spills. Blink

I won`t bore you with the build of the carcass as its a plain box with a back panel. Just make sure the two pivot points for the front panel are in the correct position.

Pic 1: Glue the two internal panels to the inside of the end panels and when dry rest the spindle into the slots of those panels

Pic 2: Carefully flex the front panel and put it in place. The front panel now pivots to allow you to put a paper towel roll in place.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
49.jpg
50.jpg

delboy271155
#26 Posted : 26 September 2019 17:36:21

So onto the next unit and the only one that I found the slightest issue with. I found a way round this by making a small adjustment to the order of construction.

Pic 1: Clearly shows that the middle shelf can protrude through the end panel (I have shown the issue to the furthest point the error could occur)

Pic 2: This is the change of construction I refer to. Glue an end panel to the base panel making sure it sets square. Then glue the middle shelf and the other end panel in place. This way the shelf has to be in the correct position and cannot protrude through either end panel.

Pic 3: Finally fit the top panel and the back plates. All that is needed to correct the issue is a slight extension to the middle shelf as indicated by the arrows of 3-5mm to stop it passing through the end panel.

I have contacted HZ to share my thoughts on this, but have yet to receive a reply.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
51.jpg
52.jpg
52a.jpg

delboy271155
#27 Posted : 26 September 2019 17:53:59

This unit is the real work station of the set, its the tool rack. Cool

Slightly more complex but still easy. Just follow the instructions.

Pic 1: I glued the centre divider in its vertical position with the base by using the back panel as a guide, which was not glued in place at this time.

Pic 2: Next I fixed the end panels in position and then glued the back panel in place to keep everything square.

Pic 3: Glue the lower tool locating plate in place

Pic 4: Glue the rest of the tool plates in place

Pic 5: Glue the dividers and tool dowel for pliers etc in place and the unit is complete.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
53.jpg
54.jpg
55.jpg
56.jpg
57.jpg

delboy271155
#28 Posted : 26 September 2019 18:33:44

I will now cover all the upper paint racks in one hit as the construction is the same, only the shape of the unit and size of the holes changes.

The paint racks come in a few sizes for different paint pots and you will need to order what suits your needs if buying separate units.

Since purchasing the complete set I have made the decision to keep the tool rack as a separate unit. That way I can take all the tools and the unit where I need it without pulling everything apart. That has allowed me to buy another paint rack of my choice to fill the gap.

As a last post to this thread I will also add my thoughts on how to use certain units for other things and show how I have adapted certain units to accommodate more items.

Paint Racks

Pic 1: Assemble the base, centre divider and end panels and finally glue the back panel in place.

Pic 2: With the corner rack you have three back panels to fix in place

Pic 3: Start by gluing the lower shelf in place

Pic 4: Fix the rest of the shelves in place (Same order for the corner units)

With the universal units you only get three rows of paints and a wasted space at the bottom of the unit, unless yours needs require the unit as it is. This is where I will show my modifications later.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
58.jpg
58a.jpg
59.jpg
60.jpg

Gandale
#29 Posted : 26 September 2019 21:30:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Certainly making progress Derek and looking good..... How long before its all put into operation and will you remember where you've put everything once you've filled all the spaces.....Laugh Laugh

Regards

Alan
tf64
#30 Posted : 27 September 2019 06:09:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking very useful Derek.

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

delboy271155
#31 Posted : 27 September 2019 16:41:33

Gandale wrote:
Certainly making progress Derek and looking good..... How long before its all put into operation and will you remember where you've put everything once you've filled all the spaces.....Laugh Laugh

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan BigGrin

Already in use and have a labelling scheme started to tell the location of things I`m looking for. Even without the labels its gonna be easier to find something in the units rather than looking round the complete workshop that is 18 feet by 9 feet.Blink Blink

Last update coming very soon.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#32 Posted : 27 September 2019 16:45:54

tf64 wrote:

Looking very useful Derek.

Trev

Hi Trev, BigGrin

This is definitely very useful and is also very versatile in the combinations that it can be built, if you buy separate units. I purchased the full collection because that`s what suited my needs and therefore was cheaper.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#33 Posted : 27 September 2019 16:52:04

Ok, so this is the last unit (I can here the sighs Flapper ) and it puts neat and tidy ends to the third level.

Very easy to construct, so just the one pic.

Before I post the final pics, I will offer up my thoughts and some options that may be useful to those thinking of purchasing any of these units.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
62.jpg

delboy271155
#34 Posted : 27 September 2019 17:40:31

Ok, so the options for these units are endless. Therefore I am going to show just a couple that I found useful for my situation and you may also find for yours.

Pic 1: I wanted to be able to move my tools on mass to different places, so decided to keep the tool rack as a separate unit. Have not put all my brushes in the rack for this pic as it shows how many tools can be stored. The other benefit of this is that I had space for another universal paint unit.

Pics 2: You will see in pic 2 that there are only three shelves in this unit. My thoughts and needs were for four shelves, so I modified the lower shelf to give me four. This is a fairly easy process. I used the shelf above as a template for the curved cuts at each end and then joined up the curves with a straight line mark. Cutting is best done with a fine cut coping saw.

Pic 3: Shows the end result of my modification

Pic 4: Shows the unit fully loaded

Pic 5: As I`m likely to have the same needs with the universal corner unit, I have marked the lower shelf up in preparation.

Pic 6: Shows the lower shelf uncut, but in place and not glued. You will notice that I have one extra paint pot which could go onto the fourth shelf, but not of importance yet.

Pic 7: Now should you be short on table space but have a bit of wall space, then this pic shows a great alternative. The paint wall hanger. I don`t need these quite yet.Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
62.jpg
62a.jpg
62b.jpg
62c.jpg
62d.jpg
62e.jpg
62f.jpg

delboy271155
#35 Posted : 27 September 2019 17:50:49

So here`s the end result.

I hope if nothing else this thread has given people looking to buy some of these units a more in depth view of what they are like and help them make a more informed choice as to which units will be best for them.

Even with the size of my workroom I was unable to get the whole system into one pic, so three it is. I also included a previous build and large cutting mat to show the overall size.

Pic 1: Left

Pic 2: Centre

Pic 3: Right

Any questions, then feel free to ask and I will give you my best advise.

That`s all folks. BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
63.jpg
64.jpg
65.jpg

tf64
#36 Posted : 27 September 2019 19:05:15

wow, that looks like a shop display very well put together I may say, Derek just wondering about the height and total length.

Regards

Trev

delboy271155
#37 Posted : 27 September 2019 19:36:40

tf64 wrote:
wow, that looks like a shop display very well put together I may say, Derek just wondering about the height and total length.

Regards

Trev

Hi Trev, BigGrin

The measurements for the large set I purchased are as follows:

Height 45 cms
Width 150 cms
Depth 75 cms

Don`t forget you can buy these as individual units and build up a set to suit the space you have available.

The main straight units are all:

Height 15 cms
Width 30 cms
Depth 15 cms

The corner units are all:

Height 15 cms
Base 30 cms by 30 cms

The end drawer units are all:

15x15x15 cms

With the top end shelves all:

Height 10 cms
Base 15x15cms

Hope this helps.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#38 Posted : 27 September 2019 19:39:36

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Now that looks very impressive Derek. Very neat and tidy.Cool ThumpUp

Mark
delboy271155
#39 Posted : 27 September 2019 19:51:21

Markwarren wrote:
Now that looks very impressive Derek. Very neat and tidy.Cool ThumpUp

Mark

Thanks Mark BigGrin

The quality of these units is very impressive and I`m sure they will last for years to come.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#40 Posted : 27 September 2019 19:58:19

Product update Cool Cool

I have just noticed that on the manufacturers site they now have some 20cm wide units. Not sure if these are available in the UK yet, but they will post from Poland.

Link to site:

https://www.hobbyzone.pl...odular-workshop-system/

A currency selector is at the top of the page so you can get your local currency.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)