Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Figures - Hold tight and paint Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 31 August 2019 15:28:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin BigGrin

I recently purchased a large amount of Hobbyzone units and whilst I had the advantage of free P+P added a figure painting clamp to my order. Reason being that I am attending a figure painting workshop soon and this seemed like a great buy.

Time will tell, but for now here is my review to date.

You can find this item via a Google search for "HZ-pg1" you just have to ignore the trainer adverts. Blink

So, this tool comes in a pre-assembled state and therefore ready to go. Cool

It consists of two parts: The holding clamp and the Base.

The clamping unit will open to a max of 5mm, so you can fix thin metal rods to the base of your figure, or in this case (as shown) use cocktail sticks.Also note that the base has a cross slot that gives two options of mounting your figure and a turn screw for clamping the figure in place.

So here`s the pics:

1:The two parts of the clamp

2:The clamp mounted vertically

3:The clamp mounted at an angle

4:My use of cocktail sticks for this figure

5:The figure mounted and clamped

6 and 7:Now this figure comes with a dog and the feet of the dog are wider apart than the holder can grasp, so I angled the cocktail sticks as shown.

8:Shows the dog clamped securely in place

9:Should you wish to spray the figure with a base coat of paint, here`s a free tip. Laugh Place something like a sandwich/freezer bag over the holder and push the cocktail sticks through the bag and clamp in place. You can then put your hand inside the bag, grasp the holder and spray paint without painting your hand or the holder.

So that`s my review of what I think is a very well thought out tool.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

arpurchase
#2 Posted : 31 August 2019 19:21:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Looks a handy tool Derek and should be a great helpCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

andali15
#3 Posted : 31 August 2019 19:49:29

Groups: Registered

Great item and tips from you Derek. A must for every modeller. Andy.
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 01 September 2019 09:19:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Great piece of kit and great tip too.Cool ThumpUp

Mark