Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Hello from Hampshire Options
Rana Bwana
#1 Posted : 26 September 2019 20:50:58

Groups: Registered

I am planning to build a first model of HMS Pickle from the Caldercraft kit and came across a tutorial You Tube post of just such a build and hence to here. I may go quiet for a time as I get set up and started but will have lots of "HELP" questions as I progress I'm sure. Looking forward to your help.
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 26 September 2019 21:26:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Rana Bwana wrote:
I am planning to build a first model of HMS Pickle from the Caldercraft kit and came across a tutorial You Tube post of just such a build and hence to here. I may go quiet for a time as I get set up and started but will have lots of "HELP" questions as I progress I'm sure. Looking forward to your help.

Welcome to the forum. BigGrin

I`m sure you will find all the assistance you need here, as there are some excellent ship builders on this forum.

Best tip for when you may have a question, is to post up a diary. Then as you progress sometimes people will see an issue coming and make your journey easier. Always ask first if you are unsure and realise there are no silly questions in this hobby.

I`m looking forward to seeing your work as I`m sure others will be.Cool

Happy Building

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#3 Posted : 26 September 2019 21:32:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome aboard, great to have you with us..... Look forward to seeing you up and running with your build.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
LowOctave
#4 Posted : 27 September 2019 01:36:39

Like you, I am fairly new in the forum, but from perusing many of the builds, comments, questions and feedback I'm confident you will find all the help you need! Enjoy your new build and the forum.
Kit builder fanatic!
Awaiting arrival: Jaguar E-Type and Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa
Received: Lamborghini Countach 500S - build in progress; Shelby Mustang GT-500 build on hold need Pack 9
Rana Bwana
#5 Posted : 27 September 2019 12:35:17

Thank you for the great welcome guys. Useful guidance and I haven't even started the build yet!
Markwarren
#6 Posted : 27 September 2019 19:37:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Welcome to the club, enjoy your stay and I look forward to seeing your work soon.BigGrin

Mark
RM1
#7 Posted : 01 October 2019 10:00:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the Forum. looking forward to seeing your builds.
Malc.
LowOctave
#8 Posted : 03 October 2019 04:24:20

Welcome to the team! You will definitely find hints, tips, tricks, and of course encouragement from the members of this forum!
Kit builder fanatic!
Awaiting arrival: Jaguar E-Type and Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa
Received: Lamborghini Countach 500S - build in progress; Shelby Mustang GT-500 build on hold need Pack 9
Rana Bwana
#9 Posted : 15 January 2020 19:16:28

I thought I was off to a good start getting my working space set up, tools and other equipment organised, the kit instruction read through and so on. There was a little hitch with the kit as the keel, sternpost and stem had been made from the wrong thickness of material. This was very quickly rectified by JoTiKa, they could not have been more helpful. Then I fell ill. So until the last week I have been laid up and not up to doing any build work. I'm back on the job now and will post some more here with some pictures.
CaptnBirdseye
#10 Posted : 15 January 2020 19:47:08

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's great news that your finally back on the mend. I too have had dealings with JoTiKa, and found them very helpful. I have their HMS Supply in my stash.

Here's hoping to see some of your build ThumpUp

Regards
Gray
birdaj2
#11 Posted : 15 January 2020 20:27:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Christmas always seems to cause a run of bad health for people.

I will have to check out my hms pickle i have in store to make sure mine does not have the same issue.

Tony

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#12 Posted : 16 January 2020 00:09:01

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Good to see you back with us and hope you are now fully recovered.... Good luck with the build....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
roymattblack
#13 Posted : 16 January 2020 19:38:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Welcome to the mad house.
I'm sure you'll have a good time here - and we look forward to seeing your work.

Roy.LOL LOL LOL