Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages «<23456>
Star Trek USS Enterprise 1701 Build Options
arpurchase
#61 Posted : 16 February 2020 00:16:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Looks spot on to me tooCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Markwarren
#62 Posted : 16 February 2020 10:59:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Thank you for your comments Alan & Andy.
Kev the Modeller
#63 Posted : 16 February 2020 14:01:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Lovely work Mark, top notch as always and going to be a very nice model when finished. Drool

Very well done. ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
darbyvet
#64 Posted : 16 February 2020 19:25:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

That color is spot on.I love the Vallejo model air paints.They airbrush really nicely.Great work so far

Carl

Markwarren
#65 Posted : 17 February 2020 21:02:58

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Thank you for your comments Kev and Carl, very much appreciated.BigGrin

Mark
Markwarren
#66 Posted : 23 February 2020 18:25:17

This is the stage I was not looking forward to. Having pondered over several weeks how the lighting was going to be placed and at what time do I piece the two halves of the hull together, I went for it. I have blackened out the windows that will not be lit and then placed some aluminium foil over those as well. The cabling was inserted where they would not interfere with the placement of the Bussard lighting wires, allowing them to feed through once it was time to glue that section in place. Paper from the decal sheet, that protects the decals was used, and placed over the windows that would be lit to give an even light all round. A main power cable was also made and inserted that would power the saucer section. Finally, before the two halves were glued, the shuttle bay was inserted into the very tight space at the rear.
The two halves were then clamped and left to dry.
The hull lighting wires were then wired together and folded back in the front of the hull with the main power cable feeding out at the bottom.

The final pictures are where I had tested all but the rear flashlight at the stern of the ship. This will be wired to the main flash board in the saucer. All went well, very pleased that all the lighting including the shuttle bay illuminated along with the rear side flashing lights.

Next, will be sanding the seam lines and further painting.

More soon.

Markwarren attached the following image(s):
Photo 88.jpg
Photo 89.jpg
Photo 90.jpg
Photo 91.jpg
Photo 92.jpg
Photo 93.jpg
Photo 94.jpg
Photo 95.jpg
Photo 96.jpg
Photo 97.jpg
Photo 98.jpg
Photo 99.jpg
arpurchase
#67 Posted : 23 February 2020 19:57:59

BigGrin All looking good and nice work MarkCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#68 Posted : 24 February 2020 00:25:40

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looks amazing Mark, love the lighting effect you've achieved... Your efforts and planning on this is really paying dividends.....Drool Drool Love Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#69 Posted : 24 February 2020 08:56:15

Thank you for looking in Andy, Alan and your comments.BigGrin

Regards
Mark
Markwarren
#70 Posted : 15 March 2020 20:03:35

Quite a bit done this time around. I have painted the saucer sections taking on the colour variation of the original prop pictures I have. Holes were drilled into the upper and lower sections and lighting placed in as shown in the pictures. The prop pictures were used for the placement of the decals as the Revell instructions show them in different positions to where they should be.
Next was to add the wiring and electronic board. This took quite a long time as cables had to be separated to have different flashing routines as well as the standard fixed lights. Once in place the two halves were dry fitted and connected to a 9v power supply and fingers were crossed.

I have a very short video showing the lighting effect.

More soon
Mark

Saucer Lighting Test Video
Photo 100.jpg
Photo 101.jpg
Photo 102.jpg
Photo 103.jpg
Photo 104.jpg
Photo 105.jpg
Photo 107.jpg
Photo 109.jpg
Photo 108.jpg
Photo 106.jpg
arpurchase
#71 Posted : 16 March 2020 09:56:58

BigGrin Some very nice work going on here and those lights make all the difference to the kitCool

Steve1701
#72 Posted : 16 March 2020 11:11:02

Groups:

It's getting harder now to tell if it's a model or the real thing. Keep it coming.
Markwarren
#73 Posted : 16 March 2020 21:52:07

Thanks Andy and Steve for your comments. Still a long way to go yet. Finished the electronics in the main ship, just need wiring to the main boards that will go into the base.
darbyvet
#74 Posted : 16 March 2020 22:32:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

the paint job is perfect.I hardly ever see an Enterprise that looks "right" to me when it comes to color, but you have nailed it.And the electronics just add to its awesomeness

Markwarren
#75 Posted : 17 March 2020 21:26:00

Thanks Carl, I was pleased with the colour and how it turned out. Went for the subtle look.

Mark
Gandale
#76 Posted : 19 March 2020 00:31:37

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Beautifully done Mark, she's looking superb with the lighting effect.....Love Love Love

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#77 Posted : 30 March 2020 10:38:17

Welcome from the space dockyard. From my last update, the lighting was giving me some issues. First the lights stopped flashing and then wouldn’t light at all.Cursing I checked all the wiring and found that the upper and lower lights were shorting each other out when the two halves were fitted together. This was addressed and a new flash circuit board was also made. A lot of testing was done before I had the courage to go for it and glue the upper and lower saucers together. I first attached the lower saucer to the main hull, connecting all the cable from there to the saucer unit which then runs back down the hull. The upper saucer cables were then attached, and the two sections were then glued together and held in place using the pegs as shown.
The final set of pictures are me testing to see if everything is working. I have also dry fitted the impulse engine grill. This is only primed at the moment, but does give a pulsating red-light effect.
Last final two pictures show the bridge and shuttle bay lit. Next, the bussards to be fitted.

More soon.BigGrin
Mark

Photo 112.jpg
Photo 113.jpg
Photo 116.jpg
Photo 117.jpg
Photo 118.jpg
Photo 118a.jpg
Andreas
#78 Posted : 30 March 2020 11:22:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

It's always great to look at your models.It always gives me new inspirations.
I´m also very interested building the Enterprise. I have the opportunity to buy the Enterprise cheaply from a dealer. He started it, but no longer want to continue. A light kit from the USA is included.
But!! it is getting tight in my house. Two rooms are already full and Madame is getting nervousBigGrin . A lot came together in 8 years.
Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
Gandale
#79 Posted : 30 March 2020 16:28:16

Beautiful work Mark, she really does look amazing.....Love Love

Regards

Alan
Steve1701
#80 Posted : 30 March 2020 16:34:23

Groups:

i cant get over the shuttle bay doors, work gone in to this is amazing. look forward to more updates. BigGrin