Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Amati 1:64 hms victory Options
Silent_Running
#21 Posted : 26 August 2022 13:15:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Hi everyone,
The latest info on this seems to be that there is a bit of modification going with certain elements of this kit. No update on a release date so far. Do you think this release will be a limited edition or a general release? Also is anyone taking this kit on when it’s released?
Regards
Glenn BigGrin
CaptnBirdseye
#22 Posted : 26 August 2022 13:44:08

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

JamesH (who did some Official Builds on this website, and also builds the prototypes for Vanguard Models) is currently building the official prototype for Amati on this, but hasn't posted an update for ages.He seems to think it won't progress till the New Year, sadly.

Yes, most definitely be ordering myself one of these when the full kit is finally released. Just need to make some space available (she's a BIG'UN). If they follow their normal trend, it should go on general release (at least i'm hoping so), and pricing to be announced. Expect it to be VERY expensive tho Drool
goddo
#23 Posted : 26 August 2022 14:56:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

I've been following James on another website for some time now and yes, he has gone totally off radar.

It looks as if it will be a magnificent model when available and I shall certainly show an interest in getting my hands one.

Given current history with kit suppliers though, I will definitely buy the complete kit outright. No messy instalment stages for me these days.BigGrin BigGrin

Chris
CaptnBirdseye
#24 Posted : 26 August 2022 15:13:15

LOL I know exactly what you mean Chris BigGrin
Silent_Running
#25 Posted : 28 August 2022 14:06:19

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
JamesH (who did some Official Builds on this website, and also builds the prototypes for Vanguard Models) is currently building the official prototype for Amati on this, but hasn't posted an update for ages.He seems to think it won't progress till the New Year, sadly.

Yes, most definitely be ordering myself one of these when the full kit is finally released. Just need to make some space available (she's a BIG'UN). If they follow their normal trend, it should go on general release (at least i'm hoping so), and pricing to be announced. Expect it to be VERY expensive tho Drool

What would you estimate as a price for this kit? I would say you are looking near the £2000, what do you guys think
Regards
Glenn Cool
CaptnBirdseye
#26 Posted : 28 August 2022 15:39:49

It’s reputed to be a premium kit so I would think so. £1500 to £2000 doesn’t seem out of the way when you look at Caldercraft’s 1:72 scale HMS Victory which is nearly a grand! Caldercraft is reported to be the most authentic so far
delboy271155
#27 Posted : 28 August 2022 16:38:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

My guess would be in the two grand range, but in the present financial climate that could put a block on its release.Crying Crying

Money invested into a kit like this must be beaten by the income produced and by some margin.

I really hope I`m wrong, but then I`m not the financier of the product.Blink

Keeping my fingers crossed for all those who can get to grips with this one, as I`d love to see some completed.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Silent_Running
#28 Posted : 28 August 2022 18:58:44

delboy271155 wrote:
Hi All, BigGrin

My guess would be in the two grand range, but in the present financial climate that could put a block on its release.Crying Crying

Money invested into a kit like this must be beaten by the income produced and by some margin.

I really hope I`m wrong, but then I`m not the financier of the product.Blink

Keeping my fingers crossed for all those who can get to grips with this one, as I`d love to see some completed.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

I agree with everything you’ve said Derek; I suspect there will be enough buyers for this kit just by the sheer interest surrounding it. However, the monetary climate might put the brake on a general release for now. From what I understand though, this kit might have the option of stages to spread the cost. If that turns into reality, I think you will see more buyers. I can’t see Amati making this a limited edition, simply because the cost of a single kit would prohibit a sufficient return on research, development and tooling to make it viable. It’s really exciting to see, but there is a lovely HMS Victory for sale by DeAgostini that’s big enough too BigGrin
goddo
#29 Posted : 28 August 2022 19:45:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

With regards to cost of this model I agree that somewhere between £1500 and £2000 would be my estimate.
However, as I mentioned before I have been following James and the prototype build of this ship for a couple of years now. Disregard (if you can) the Pandemic plus economic downturn and all the follow-on repercussions, it seems that the quality of a lot of the parts have been below the required standard and there have been even more delays trying to remedy these problems.
As of June this year, after lots of people pushing (including myself) for a response, his reply was "Subscribe to this topic. As and when I get any news, this is where I will post it."

Having said all of the above, it does look a magnificent model but I don't think I'm going to hold my breath