5 Pages «<345
Laszlo's Victory X-Section Diary Options
gingerale75
#81 Posted : 27 March 2020 20:57:50

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hello All,

Update from the last 2-3 days:

Hammock cranes and nets added all around the bulwark.

Almost finished, last task is to make and place the hammocks.
And of course, to complete the turntable mechanism and fit it inside the Victory cabinet.
gingerale75 attached the following image(s):
IMG_0621.jpg
IMG_0624.jpg
Happy building!
Laszlo

Finished builds: HMS Victory, HMS Victory Cross-Section
tf64
#82 Posted : 28 March 2020 09:40:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Stunning Laszlo,

This kit to me would be a good way to learn how the Victory build goes together, particularly if you are thinking of building it.

Keep Safe

Trev
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Markwarren
#83 Posted : 28 March 2020 10:19:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Stunning work, you’ve got a build there to be proud of. I will definitely be using your build log as a reference when I start mine.Love Drool Drool

Mark
gingerale75
#84 Posted : 28 March 2020 21:34:44

Hi All,

Trev, Mark, thanks for your nice comments.

Proudly announce that the model is FINISHED. Cool Cool Cool Cool

- 36 hammocks made and fitted into the cranes. I used a 1.5x1.5mm strip to help to roll them and also to make the rolls consistent. I cut the length of the hammocks variously in order to fit them into the cranes neatly:
For the quarter deck opening: 24mm wide, 4 pieces
For the tallest cranes on the bulwark: 28mm wide, 8 pieces on each side
For the other cranes on the bulwark: 20mm wide, 8 pieces on each side
- The model stand fully assembled and stained to the same orange colour what the display cabinet has.
- Name plaque painted and glued to place

TA-DAAAA.... all done.

Now the turn table...
- Tiny ball bearings pushed onto steel pins, the table will roll on these
- Slots cut into the bottom for the rollers and a hex cutout for the coupling
- With the help of my friends a matching coupling cut with CNC and fitted to the motor shaft
- Rollers glued into the slots
- Edge stained
- Fleece cut and glued onto the top
- Hole cut to the base of the cabinet, motor fixed from the bottom, table placed onto the coupling, wires connected, tested... all good Cool Cool Cool Cool

Finally model placed into its final location.

Unfortunately I can't attach video here, hence see link below for my public Facebook album showing the model rotating whenever the LED in the display cabinet turned on.
https://www.facebook.com/laszlo.for/posts/3163830976961047

I hope you enjoyed my build diary and maybe you found some useful hints/tips for your own build.... well.. if/when this model will be available again...

Check back to my full Victory build diary, soon I'll start to work on a simple diorama to display the figurines which were part on the complete ship kit.
gingerale75 attached the following image(s):
IMG_0625.jpg
IMG_0627.jpg
IMG_0628.jpg
IMG_0629.jpg
IMG_0630.jpg
IMG_0631.jpg
IMG_0632.jpg
IMG_0633.jpg
IMG_0635.jpg
IMG_0636.jpg
IMG_0638.jpg
IMG_0132.jpg
IMG_0640.jpg
IMG_0642.jpg
IMG_0637.jpg
IMG_0641.jpg
IMG_0639.jpg
IMG_0645.jpg
Happy building!
Laszlo

tf64
#85 Posted : 29 March 2020 09:24:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well done and well built.

regards

Trev
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Markwarren
#86 Posted : 29 March 2020 09:27:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Stunning work and stunning display. It has been a treat watching this come together. Love Love Love Drool Drool Drool

Mark
DaDokta
#87 Posted : 30 March 2020 07:57:59

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Congratulations to this stunning build!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
goddo
#88 Posted : 30 March 2020 10:15:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

My mind boggles at the talent and patience required for this.
Superb work Laszlo.
Chris
gingerale75
#89 Posted : 30 March 2020 11:25:18

Thank you guys for the kind comments, much appreciated. Blushing Blushing Blushing
Happy building!
Laszlo

Garth
#90 Posted : 07 May 2020 20:14:44

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Laszlo,
Congratulations on two fantastic builds!!!
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
Gandale
#91 Posted : 08 May 2020 09:40:48

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Top quality work throughout resulting in a top quality display... I tip my hat to you for this outstanding result.....Love Love Love .. Very well done indeed....

Regards

Alan