Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

how to pack up the falcon between sessions? Options
x_dfo
#1 Posted : 29 October 2019 02:43:25

Groups: Registered

I was curious if there was a packing material that wouldn't break off the greebles (esp those damn pipe elbows) while I store the falcon between work sessions?

Is cotton wool the best thing for this?
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 29 October 2019 09:59:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I sm building the porsche so while a different kit it needs similsr protection on such things as the wing mirrors so on my build i have been using bubble wrap around it.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
roymattblack
#3 Posted : 29 October 2019 11:49:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I would imagine cotton wool could be a nightmare.
Apart from forever trying to remove a million bits of 'fluff' and strands from the model, there's a real danger that removing the cotton wool might break off the very parts you are trying to protect.

Personally, I just keep the models out of the way with a cover over them during the build but I appreciate the Falcon is a big beast to store.
admin
#4 Posted : 29 October 2019 16:26:05

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I quite literally hung mine from a peg on the wall.
Markwarren
#5 Posted : 29 October 2019 22:55:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Kept mine in a spare room where it couldn’t be knocked and covered it with a sheet.
x_dfo
#6 Posted : 29 October 2019 22:59:44

admin wrote:
I quite literally hung mine from a peg on the wall.

Omg you are brilliant, this is perfect, thanks!