Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Hi, I'm Mark, from the Partwork Model Forum Options
Mark
#1 Posted : 01 November 2019 18:24:33

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi folks,

I'm the owner of the Partwork Models Forum. I know there has been a bit of history between our forums in the past, but that is most definitely history. Your Admin, Mark, and I agree that both forums will have a welcoming attitude to everybody, and a general attitude of friendliness will make both forums better. More traffic and a free exchange of ideas and sharing each others work can only be to our mutual benefit.

I will be sharing some of my work in the appropriate forums over the coming days.

Cheers
Mark
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 01 November 2019 18:41:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Absolutely great Mark.
I'm sure I'm not the only one seeing that it's a great way forward.
Look forward to seeing your builds.

Roy.
arpurchase
#3 Posted : 01 November 2019 19:08:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Sounds good to me and a warm welcome to allCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

birdaj2
#4 Posted : 01 November 2019 19:54:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi

So what does this mean please? Will it see one or other forum closing and the remaining one picking up the membership?

Just a bit confused as to what the plans are.

Thanks

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#5 Posted : 01 November 2019 22:59:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome aboard Mark, great to have you with us....Cool Cool .. It will be good to see cooperation between both forums and am sure it will be to all our benefits.... Hope you enjoy your time with us.....

Regards

Alan
Gandale
#6 Posted : 01 November 2019 23:05:32

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

birdaj2 wrote:
Hi

So what does this mean please? Will it see one or other forum closing and the remaining one picking up the membership?

Thanks

Tony

Nothing untowards here Tony, the two forums will remain completely separate with their own identity but members will be able to join and post on both if they so wish.... If we see interesting information being posted on the PWF then we can inform our members and post a link for them to visit and see for themselves. The reverse of course is also true and simply widens the knowledge base for the members of both forums.....

Regards

Alan
birdaj2
#7 Posted : 01 November 2019 23:24:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Alan

Many thanks for explaining the plans.

Understand now.

Thanks

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
admin
#8 Posted : 02 November 2019 16:27:25

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All,

I’m a bit tardy in coming in on this, (we had our granddaughter all yesterday) but Mark, and the PartWork Forums are tops. The two of these forums are so complimentary of each other that it is silly not to have a cooperative relationship.

Previously, there was a bit of an (completely unnecessarily so) adversarial approach. I’m happy to say that such is no longer the case.

So, please welcome Mark, and all of the new (or old but now commenting) members to the ModelSpace Forums!
admin
#9 Posted : 02 November 2019 16:31:19

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

birdaj2 wrote:
Hi

Thanks

Tony

Hi Tony,

Just to reiterate what Alan said, NOTHING is going to change how our, or the Partwork Forums are run, save a more cooperative approach to modeling these great kits, and the sharing of information. This will help us ALL be better at the hobby.
walters1939
#10 Posted : 28 August 2020 20:22:26

Hello Mark. I have applied to join your Partswork forum but never received an email authenticating my registration. Couldn't find a way to contact you from that forum either so am sending you this message here. My email is walters1939@verizon.net Thanks for your help.
Mark
#11 Posted : 01 September 2020 12:54:55

walters1939 wrote:
Hello Mark. I have applied to join your Partswork forum but never received an email authenticating my registration. Couldn't find a way to contact you from that forum either so am sending you this message here. My email is walters1939@verizon.net Thanks for your help.

Hi, That's strange as I haven't received any membership requests. I'll have a look into it.
Mark
#12 Posted : 01 September 2020 13:40:16

walters1939 wrote:

I found a gremlin!! Busy strangling the little blighter! Your account should be active now. If anybody else has had the same problem, please try again. If you still have problems let me know of just try reregistering