Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages 123>»
OldMart Options
OldMart
#1 Posted : 07 December 2019 19:20:09

Groups: Registered

Hi Everybody. Just finding my way around, I have posted this on another page by mistake. I too have taken the plunge and ordered the Cutty Sark full kit from DeAGOSTINI. It lists 476 parts to the kit, do I really need to check to see if everything is there or would it be OK to dive in?
by the way I like the site, some good, useful tips. I will post some pic's when I start to show you all the mess I make!!

Fingers crossed OldMart.

File Attachment(s):
DSCF0292.JPG (2,544kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 07 December 2019 20:06:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks like i replied to you on this one under your other posting :-)

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
birdaj2
#3 Posted : 07 December 2019 20:07:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

First part of any build (after securing tools and the like) is make sure your kit is complete.

These are time consuming builds so if you should have any issues best to find them at the start rather than discover "2 years" down the line you have a missing or damaged part.

It will also benefit you in seeing what the kit is made up of so you can match parts to printed part descriptions - the 2 are not always obvious.

Just my own opinion snd its fair to say others may have different views.

Hope you enjoy your build.

Tony
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
Gandale
#4 Posted : 07 December 2019 20:38:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

As Tony has said, you really should do a complete parts check before starting assembly. It will help you identify any parts that are missing or perhaps damaged...Cool Cool

Have also deleted the post you made in error.

Look forward to seeing your build come together....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
OldMart
#5 Posted : 08 December 2019 14:39:31

Thanks' everybody. I will go through everything when it come's. I cant find the other post I put on in the wrong place! how do I check that Gandale?

OldMart
OldMart
#6 Posted : 08 December 2019 14:52:48

Here again? I have found my other post and deleted it, sorry for all the confusion Guys. I will get it right one day LOL. hopefully I will be back soon with some pics of the start of my build. can't wait.

Kind regards OldMart
OldMart
#7 Posted : 11 December 2019 15:19:43

Hello Again everyone. I received a delivery today from Model Space, clearly stating on the order/delivery note Cutty Sark full kit. Looking inside, the model that was sent was HMS Bounty?? They have arranged for this one to be picked up tomorrow and have reordered the Cutty Sark. As you can guess I am not very happy. heaven knows when I will get started.

Cursing OldMart.
birdaj2
#8 Posted : 11 December 2019 19:05:00

OldMart wrote:
Hello Again everyone. I received a delivery today from Model Space, clearly stating on the order/delivery note Cutty Sark full kit. Looking inside, the model that was sent was HMS Bounty?? They have arranged for this one to be picked up tomorrow and have reordered the Cutty Sark. As you can guess I am not very happy. heaven knows when I will get started.

Cursing OldMart.

Oh dear - disappointing start when you have been looking forward to your new kit. Lets hope they can get the correct one out to you quickly.

Tony
Happy Modelling

Gandale
#9 Posted : 12 December 2019 22:25:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

OldMart wrote:

Cursing OldMart.

Sorry to hear this, not good I know.... Am sure when you see the Cutty and get started on the build then this disappointment will be quickly forgotten. If you don't get your kit soon the drop me a PM and we'll chase it for you....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
OldMart
#10 Posted : 13 December 2019 10:52:54

Thanks' Tony & Allan. Nobody came to pick up the Bounty kit on Thursday as promised. rang again today, was told the re-order had left the warehouse? Bounty now being picked up Monday, another day of waiting around!

Martin.
birdaj2
#11 Posted : 13 December 2019 13:21:18

Martin

I am sure it will all sort itself and hoping that you do get this as promised so you make your start.

Its a lovely ship. I was watching (think its called) Great Ships the other night on tv and it was all about the Cutty Sark.

It will be a terrific model when complete and I am looking forward to following along with you when you get to start yours.

Tony
Happy Modelling

OldMart
#12 Posted : 16 December 2019 16:35:50

Hi Everybody. Kit arrived, first piece glued in place, trying to add a photo!
File Attachment(s):
DSCF0292.JPG (2,544kb) downloaded 56 time(s).
OldMart
#13 Posted : 16 December 2019 16:44:54

seems to have worked! when all the other frames are fixed, I have seen people have filled in with balsa blocks and sanded the hull into shape. is this the best way? it doesn't say to do this on the instructions.

kind regards martin.
Gandale
#14 Posted : 16 December 2019 17:14:04

The reason your pics are not showing in your post is because they are much too large. You need to resize to 650x480 pixels and ensure the file size is around 150kb. Once resized then post....

Hope this helps.

Regards

Alan
OldMart
#15 Posted : 16 December 2019 20:45:25

Thanks Alan I will have another go at it.

Martin
birdaj2
#16 Posted : 16 December 2019 22:18:29

Martin

Glad the kit arrived. Nice to have it prior to christmas as you now have something to keep you busy.

Hope you have lits of pleasure building it and that it goes well for you.

Tony
Happy Modelling

OldMart
#17 Posted : 18 December 2019 09:19:33

Thanks Tony. yes it was nice to get it. made a start, just taking my time, reading, measuring and checking time and time again. so want it to be right. I am struggling with uploading photos? I have read Alan's tips, don't know what I'm doing wrong but I will keep trying.

Martin
Gandale
#18 Posted : 18 December 2019 11:00:09

Hi Martin, you may find this topic useful in resolving your image uploading problem....

https://forum.model-spac....aspx?g=posts&t=244

Main points are:

size - 650x480 pixels
file size - around 150kb
file format - jpg, not jpeg
file name - keep short

Can you advise what device you are using when uploading images?

Regards

Alan
OldMart
#19 Posted : 18 December 2019 14:54:17

Hi Alan, the photo I am trying to put on is from adobe photo shop. I thought that I had resized it, however I can't select jpg. jpeg, tiff and others are there. the pic was taken on my camera.

Martin
OldMart
#20 Posted : 18 December 2019 16:41:29

second try