Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

New Member Options
pzspeed
#1 Posted : 16 December 2019 20:12:10

Groups: Registered

Saying hello as a new member. I'm 51 yrs old and no stranger to modeling. Always wanted to try one of these kits and now I can. I started my 12 month subscription a couple months ago. Been looking at all the builds. Everyone is awesome! So excited am I that I've actually fast forwarded my subscription when I can.
Looking forward to making new friends.
Pat
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 16 December 2019 20:19:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

hey Pat welcome to the forum.The lambo is a stunning model .good luck with the build and I hope you will post a build diary.

Carl
JimmyJamzOU812
#3 Posted : 08 May 2020 18:20:41

Another new member here. I have not bought the Lambo just yet as I am currently building the Back to the Future Delorean and am having part delivery issues as well. How bad has it been to get this kit finished?

I am missing around 30 issues and I will have been completely stopped now for a few months. On that build there are around 130 issues and I am stopped in the 70's and missing all the issues from 78-106 or so.

I want to do the car so bad but I am terrified at this point to get started and be in the same boat.

Any advice is appreciated.

Jeff
roymattblack
#4 Posted : 09 May 2020 10:08:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Welcome aboard to both new members. You'll have fun here and there's lots of help always on hand should you need it.

The Lambo is a brilliant kit. I totally enjoyed building it. My build log is here somewhere... lol.

Looking forward to seeing new diaries being posted.

Roy.
Gandale
#5 Posted : 09 May 2020 23:13:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome to the forum, great to have you with us.....Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
admin
#6 Posted : 10 May 2020 16:19:24

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

JimmyJamzOU812 wrote:
Another new member here. I have not bought the Lambo just yet as I am currently building the Back to the Future Delorean and am having part delivery issues as well. How bad has it been to get this kit finished?

I am missing around 30 issues and I will have been completely stopped now for a few months. On that build there are around 130 issues and I am stopped in the 70's and missing all the issues from 78-106 or so.

I want to do the car so bad but I am terrified at this point to get started and be in the same boat.

Any advice is appreciated.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Delays are part of the game, for the time being. DeAgostini is one of the best though, in terms of deliveries. I wish I could say that we all received out parts on the same day of each month, but... DeAgostini will ABSOLUTELY NOT strand you on a build. You WILL get your parts.
JimmyJamzOU812
#7 Posted : 12 May 2020 18:00:47

Thank you Mark for the input. I did contact Customer Service and she was upfront about Week 22 being out of stock. I am going to bite the bullet...I mean what is the worst that could happen; I buy this and then all of the BTTF pieces show up.

Is there a Mods forum on here that I overlooked or are the kits pretty decent "stock"? On the BTTF there are soooooo many nice Mods for upgrades but you got to draw the line at some point. I think I spent as much on mods as half the build has cost me LOL Cursing no one to blame but myself though.

Thanks!
Jeff
roymattblack
#8 Posted : 12 May 2020 18:52:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

My own Countach build is here:

https://forum.model-spac...spx?g=posts&t=31687

I made a lot of alterations, particularly on the interior, and some engine detailing.
Have a peep - hope it helps.

Roy.
JimmyJamzOU812
#9 Posted : 19 May 2020 18:16:24

Roy,

Your build is amazing. I do have 1 more question. Is there any way to remove the Wolf Badges and the Rallye Racing logos from the paint?

PS I did get my 1st installment on Saturday BigGrin
roymattblack
#10 Posted : 19 May 2020 18:19:46

JimmyJamzOU812 wrote:
Roy,

Your build is amazing. I do have 1 more question. Is there any way to remove the Wolf Badges and the Rallye Racing logos from the paint?

PS I did get my 1st installment on Saturday BigGrin

Many thanks...

To remove the badges, wipe them off with white spirit, then soapy water. It won't harm the red paint. They come off really easily.

Roy.
JimmyJamzOU812
#11 Posted : 05 June 2020 18:04:03

I still have not started to assemble yet as I am waiting to get a few weeks in then start.

As for my other build
I am currently 56 weeks behind on the Back to the Future build; meaning I have everything that I could possibly have shipped to me. The 56 weeks are all backordered. Last shipment I got from them was in April.

(Hence my hesitation for signing up for this one)

But the Lambo items that I have so far look great. I cannot wait to get into it. I was really hoping to get the Datsun Fairlady Z in the USA but it is not available.