Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tool chest for modellers Options
goddo
#1 Posted : 25 November 2011 09:01:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

Morning everyone,

like many other guys here I am collecting all the issues to build the Maclaren MP4-23. I have just received issue 35 and, as a total beginner at the modelling pastime I regularly read through all the current builds and tips. I have reached the point where I am ready to start (nervously) building my car. One thing that I could do with some extra advice though. As I now have a fairly comprehensive collection of modelling tools, I could do with a proper storage chest or cabinet. Nothing too massive (I would prefer it table mounted and clear plastic). Does anybody have any ideas what the best options are?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and good luck with all your projects. A fantastic forum and already very useful.BigGrin
Tomick
#2 Posted : 25 November 2011 09:08:14

Groups:

Its a case of persona choice and what you like the look of to suit your requirements, have a look in B&Q who have lots of plastic tool storage and parts storage partition boxes.
Dontshootme
#3 Posted : 25 November 2011 09:45:44

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I have a board on the wall with things like pliers clamps etc hooked on,& I use a magnetic knife rack to hold tweezers needle files etc.This works wel for me,but I do have a dedicated space in the garage for my hobby...or I will have as soon as I have finished it!!(hopefully todayConfused)
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
saintsman123
#4 Posted : 25 November 2011 10:11:10

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

i agree with tomick, diy stores have loads of storage boxes/tool boxes, you should have a look in pound shops or other cheap places, as, although some of the stuff is useless for diy, its great for modelling. two other favourites are aldi and lidl,
Come on you Jimmies
goddo
#5 Posted : 25 November 2011 10:18:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Thanks for all your advise guys. I'm off to B&Q later anyway so will have a look around.

G
f1marshal
#6 Posted : 28 November 2011 16:04:08

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

wilkinsons as well sell plastic cases or even asda i have seen some in too

I just bought some of them cardboard boxes to keep my parts in got them from asda not cheap at £9 for 3 or the larger sizes (well i only paid £6 on offer) but they do look good

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Paul

Current builds:
1/24 Spitfire
1/48 Apache Longbow
Titanic Lifeboat