Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages <1234>
X-Wing Official Build Custom/Enhancements Options
Markwarren
#21 Posted : 02 March 2020 23:22:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Thanks for looking in and your comments Andreas and Alan.Cool
Simo7007
#22 Posted : 16 April 2020 10:11:06

Groups: Registered

Absolutely fantastic. Would it be ok to follow and copy your build as I'm doing mine please?
DeAgo Falcon: 100% Complete.
DeAgo R2D2: 100% Complete.
DeAgo X Wing: 100% Complete.
Markwarren
#23 Posted : 16 April 2020 10:32:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Simo7007 wrote:
Absolutely fantastic. Would it be ok to follow and copy your build as I'm doing mine please?

Absolutely, that what it is there for. If you have any questions anytime, let me know.
I am trying to keep the mods in line with the parts received and I will be updating it again very soon.
Mark
Markwarren
#24 Posted : 24 May 2020 12:50:34

I have painted the torpedo rack. The supplied rack was crying out to be painted and using the picture in the back of issue 75 as reference, I started dismantling the parts ready for priming. I painted all the parts with an aluminium paint. The rack was then painted with a yellow ochre and when it was dry to the touch, I rubbed areas with a cotton bud to give the appearance as worn paint exposing the aluminium beneath. The torpedo’s were masked off in areas and painted with a grey white, highlighted with a green blue and yellow. The arrows were made up in a word document using the shapes tool and then scaled down. These were then printed on decal paper. The warheads were then polished with steel pigment.
The images below show the before and after pictures.

More soon

Mark

Markwarren attached the following image(s):
76 (9).jpg
76 (13).jpg
IMG_6525.jpg
IMG_6526.jpg
clay
#25 Posted : 26 May 2020 11:52:12

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Mark Warren..I loathe you!!! I'm cursing at you every time you post your modifications to this model...AARRRGGGHHHH!

Seriously tho, Thank you for the most excellent ideas for weathering and detailing this model (I won't talk about the Falcon...which I'm still building...because of you!). I used your sponge technique to chip my model and although I didn't use the same paints, I got a most excellent result. I also couldn't find that particular type of sponge - I used scotch brite...

Oh, I had to disassemble my torpedo rack!!! Yeah..I painted it too...

Thanks for the wonderful Ideas!!!

Clay
Gandale
#26 Posted : 26 May 2020 18:43:06

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Beautiful Mark, amazing work with the torpedo work... love it.....Love Love Love

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#27 Posted : 26 May 2020 19:27:54

clay wrote:
Mark Warren..I loathe you!!! I'm cursing at you every time you post your modifications to this model...AARRRGGGHHHH!

Seriously tho, Thank you for the most excellent ideas for weathering and detailing this model (I won't talk about the Falcon...which I'm still building...because of you!). I used your sponge technique to chip my model and although I didn't use the same paints, I got a most excellent result. I also couldn't find that particular type of sponge - I used scotch brite...

Oh, I had to disassemble my torpedo rack!!! Yeah..I painted it too...

Thanks for the wonderful Ideas!!!

Clay

LOL LOL LOL Hi Clay, glad I can be of help. BTW, lots more to come yet.Cool BigGrin

Mark
Markwarren
#28 Posted : 26 May 2020 19:29:18

Gandale wrote:
Beautiful Mark, amazing work with the torpedo work... love it.....Love Love Love

Regards

Alan

Thank you Alan. It’s amazing what a little bit of paint can do.

Mark
Simo7007
#29 Posted : 23 July 2020 09:01:58

I have ordered the decal paper. That's fantastic.
Simo7007
#30 Posted : 23 July 2020 09:11:10

If you don't already, you should have a YouTube page on this. i for one would subscribe. My X-Wing has so many of your ideas.
Andreas
#31 Posted : 23 July 2020 11:34:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

great work, as always Mark! ThumpUp follow your work here just like on YouTube! just awesome. I'm excited to see what you can do with the restBigGrin
I have finished the X-wing since yesterday. Can be seen in the Facebook group
where Mark Adams is also admin.
Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
Andreas
#32 Posted : 23 July 2020 11:58:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Andreas wrote:
great work, as always Mark! ThumpUp follow your work here just like on YouTube! just awesome. I'm excited to see what you can do with the restBigGrin

Just a suggestion for your ideasBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
darbyvet
#33 Posted : 23 July 2020 14:43:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Fantastic result Andreas

Carl

Markwarren
#34 Posted : 23 July 2020 23:36:34

Simo7007 wrote:
If you don't already, you should have a YouTube page on this. i for one would subscribe. My X-Wing has so many of your ideas.

Glad you have ordered the decal paper. I have a YouTube channel, will have to put some videos of the remainder of the build up.

Thanks
Mark
Markwarren
#35 Posted : 23 July 2020 23:39:43

Andreas wrote:
Andreas wrote:

Just a suggestion for your ideasBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Nice work Andreas, I’ll take a look. I have quite a few ideas, particularly the lighting effects, so watch this space.Laugh

Mark
Simo7007
#36 Posted : 29 July 2020 08:45:10

Markwarren wrote:
Simo7007 wrote:

Glad you have ordered the decal paper. I have a YouTube channel, will have to put some videos of the remainder of the build up.

Thanks
Mark

What's your YouTube link Mark?
Markwarren
#37 Posted : 29 July 2020 08:58:47

[/quote]

What's your YouTube link Mark?[/quote]

Here is myYouTube channel, nothing on the X-Wing yet but will be soon, just recent models I’ve done.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_K34r0Lmi0Z6yUyjHUoJ-w

Cheers
Mark
Simo7007
#38 Posted : 31 July 2020 16:17:24

Markwarren wrote:

What's your YouTube link Mark?[/quote]

Here is myYouTube channel, nothing on the X-Wing yet but will be soon, just recent models I’ve done.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_K34r0Lmi0Z6yUyjHUoJ-w

Cheers
Mark
[/quote]

STAR TREK! Really? Flapper
Markwarren
#39 Posted : 03 October 2020 14:53:07

I know it has been a while since doing any modelling, unfortunately I have been in the wars recently, nothing major, just stopped me from sitting and standing too long. Just as well I’m not a horse.LOL
Anyway, here is a little more on the custom side of this kit. I decided to buy the ParaGrafix cockpit kit which also come with plastic detail parts as well as using some of the stock parts.
You must be careful when cutting the main upper piece for the etched brass to fit over particularly the small side parts. Picture one shows the part with the section cut out. I then placed the parts to the top section as shown. I did not use the front console part as this is to have a larger screen incorporated as seen in the ESB film. Part of the etched brass was utilised, and this will have much more detail added once the decal has been fitted.

Photo 1.jpg
Photo 2.jpg
Photo 3.jpg
Photo 4.jpg
Photo 5.jpg
Photo 6.jpg
Photo 7.jpg
Photo 8.jpg
Photo 9.jpg
Markwarren
#40 Posted : 03 October 2020 14:55:58

These pictures show the parts fitted ready for painting as soon as I have smoothed over some parts. I have placed LED’s inside to give an idea of it lit up. You will also note I have attached the screen to the front console I bought which come pre-programmed with X-wing console effects. Still a lot of work to do, but I’m getting there.

I have also attached a video of the lighting effects and working screen. The bonkers thing about the screen is the actual display size is less than a cm squared.Blink The resolution is breath-taking.Love

More Soon

Lighting and screen demo
Photo 10.jpg
Photo 11.jpg
Photo 14.jpg
Photo 15.jpg
Photo 16.jpg
Photo 17.jpg
Photo 18.jpg
Photo 19.jpg