Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

copper tiles Options
graycbr
#1 Posted : 31 December 2019 12:24:21

Groups: Registered

hi guys
Just got the full kit
But after the copper tiles but model space have been out of stock for ages ..
Where & how can I buy the copper kit for this build ?
Can I buy from another model space site eg france etc etc ?
Any views would be helpful
regards
Happy new year everyone
Build
James Bond - DB5
Star wars - Millennium Falcon
Building
Star wars - R2-D2
Star wars - X-Wing
Plymouth57
#2 Posted : 31 December 2019 12:39:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Graycbr!

If you can't source the 'official' tiles you could have a go at producing your own from self adhesive copper tape. I covered my own Del Prado Victory's hull with it (see post #13 on my diary "Upgrading the Del Prado 1/100 Victory", currently on the second page of member's builds). I used 5mm wide strip which is sold as anti slug tape on ebay quite cheaply (though my Victory is 1/100 scale so you'd need a width comparable to the DeAgostini kit tiles). At the time I didn't possess a Pounce wheel so the rivets were added with a Dremel type circular saw. This was a few years ago now and none of the tapes have lifted off the hull, just make sure the hull is given a couple coats of gloss varnish to give a good smooth surface to press down onto.

Best of luck with your search!

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
eebygum
#3 Posted : 31 December 2019 23:06:32

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi

I have a set that I didn't use, if you want them just let me know (PM), there maybe one or two missing but should be enough to finish the build. They are quite heavy though.

Terry
FINISHED BUILDS---- HMS Victory--Bismarck--Battleship Yamato-D51 Steam Train--Pocher Ferrari Testarossa--Soleil Royal--Schnellboot S-100--StageCoach 1848--HMS HOOD-- Delorean (Back to the Future)
graycbr
#4 Posted : 31 December 2019 23:18:16

eebygum wrote:
Hi

I have a set that I didn't use, if you want them just let me know (PM), there maybe one or two missing but should be enough to finish the build. They are quite heavy though.

Terry

PM sent terry
regards
Build
James Bond - DB5
Building
Star wars - R2-D2
Star wars - X-Wing
graycbr
#5 Posted : 06 January 2020 16:11:54

all sorted now to terry's kind offer
many thanks terry I owe you now BigGrin
Build
James Bond - DB5
Building
Star wars - R2-D2
Star wars - X-Wing
maxcd
#6 Posted : 11 February 2020 06:07:02

Hello guys... I'm looking for the victory copper tile pack, I can't find it anywhere... and it seems to be out of stock.
Any idea where I can get one?
Also, in love with Vallejo Paints, anyone knows the codes and quantities needed for the HMS V.?
Thank you
6649mgk
#7 Posted : 26 February 2020 17:29:55

I've just put a new and unopened set of tiles on Ebay, should anyone be interested!
Plymouth57
#8 Posted : 26 February 2020 21:21:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi maxcd!

As a rough guide, for the main hull you would need the following Vallejo Model Colour:

(Quantities based on the Admiralty set for Victory allowing that Vallejo bottles are 17ml and Admiralty bottles are 20ml)

Flat Yellow (Yellow Ochre) 70.953 (3 bottles)
Blue (French Blue) 70.925 (1 bottle)
Light Brown (Walnut wood) 70.929 (1 bottle)
Black (Dull Black) 70.950 (3 bottles)

In addition there's also Olive Green, Red Ochre, Copper and Gold. Plus you would need something like Mig Satin Black for the cannon barrels and metalwork.

Hope that helps!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1