Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

sandnesspeats Options
sandnesspeats
#1 Posted : 02 January 2020 12:41:44

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Happy New Year to all.ThumpUp ThumpUp
Hi Folks, just testing to see if this posts. Just started the SOTS build and very confused already, sizes of sapeles etc, Issue 12, wooden strips 2x4x250mm, They are 1.5 which I have used and very bendy. The sapele strips are supposed to be 1.5mm but theare only 0.5mm. Could someone please tell me what is going on,is it a misprint or what.Confused Confused Confused
thanks in advance.
rob
Gandale
#2 Posted : 02 January 2020 13:03:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

The deck supports are quite bendy so to combat this I added support columns for added strength, as can be seen here:

https://forum.model-spac...sts&t=5013&p=11

Regards

Alan
sandnesspeats
#3 Posted : 02 January 2020 15:01:06

thanks alan,
what about the different sizes of sapeles.
thanks
Gandale
#4 Posted : 02 January 2020 15:11:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

sandnesspeats wrote:
thanks alan,
what about the different sizes of sapeles.
thanks

What issue numbers are you referring to for the different sizes of Sapele strips. The 0.5mm thickness is mostly used for the second layer of planking on the upper hull but sounds like you are some way off from that part of the build. During the build you will received quite a number of parts that you will need to store until they are needed. Would suggest you follow the Official Build, that will go a long way to keeping you on track, it covers the build issue by issue. If you maintain a build diary for us to follow then it would make it a lot easier to assist you when needed.... The Official Build can be found here:

https://forum.model-spac...topics&f=96&p=2

Hope this helps.

Regards

Alan
sandnesspeats
#5 Posted : 02 January 2020 15:22:26

Issue 16 and 17 says in the parts part, 1.5 sapeles and they are not, they are 0.5mm. Looks like all of them to issue 21 are the same size. I am on the second pack. will join the forum then ok.
cheers
Gandale
#6 Posted : 02 January 2020 17:28:47

sandnesspeats wrote:
Issue 16 and 17 says in the parts part, 1.5 sapeles and they are not, they are 0.5mm. Looks like all of them to issue 21 are the same size. I am on the second pack. will join the forum then ok.
cheers

Can confirm the Sapele strips you are referring to should be 0.5mm thick. These all need to be stored away for now and will be used for the second layer of planking on the upper hull....

Regards

Alan
sandnesspeats
#7 Posted : 10 September 2023 11:34:29

Hi Folks,
At last I have finally logged in , been trying for about a year now. I have not received the full build, I bought mine in packs and have only received 10,is there any way to recoup these lost issues. I even bought some on ebay but they are trying to sell the at extortionate prices.
Please help
rob
Confused Confused
admin
#8 Posted : 10 September 2023 20:45:35

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

sandnesspeats wrote:
Hi Folks,
At last I have finally logged in , been trying for about a year now. I have not received the full build, I bought mine in packs and have only received 10,is there any way to recoup these lost issues. I even bought some on ebay but they are trying to sell the at extortionate prices.
Please help
rob
Confused Confused

Hi Rob,

We need to get a few things straight first, before we get to deal with your problem.

1: Multiple posts on the same issue will NOT speed up any response or resolution, hence your second post has been deleted.

2: As I have only recently taken over as Admin of this forum, full details of subscriptions for this build would be of a great advantage. Along with any communication between yourself and Deag that has been sent previously with regard to this issue.

I have said before that I will try my best to assist anyone with a problem. I cannot work miracles, but I will be the intermediary to try and get a resolution.

I can do nothing without the required information, be it on this thread or via PM.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin