Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Do I Need To Light Block The Hull Options
Freedom7
#1 Posted : 03 January 2020 00:09:31

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

I have started my build and was wondering what the concensus was on painting the rear of all of the hull panels ?

Anthony
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 03 January 2020 00:30:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Freedom7 wrote:
Hi all,

I have started my build and was wondering what the concensus was on painting the rear of all of the hull panels ?

Anthony

Unless you are planning any extra lighting yourself, the only area I would recommend painting on the inside to block light would be the cockpit and its corridor section. You are given some black tape to block the light, but painting the inside would be better.
If you look at my custom build you will see I placed adhesive aluminium foil to block the light.
https://forum.model-space.co.uk/...aspx?g=posts&t=14926

Look at picture 8 in post 10 for reference.

Regards
Mark
tschwand
#3 Posted : 03 January 2020 04:36:52

You definitely need to light block the cockpit corridor. In addition to painting it, I added some black card stock glued to it to cover the seams between the two halves as the corridor is not a tight fit. I did block all of the hull plates but it was probably not necessary.
Freedom7
#4 Posted : 04 January 2020 16:07:11

Markwarren wrote:
Freedom7 wrote:
Hi all,

Anthony

Unless you are planning any extra lighting yourself, the only area I would recommend painting on the inside to block light would be the cockpit and its corridor section. You are given some black tape to block the light, but painting the inside would be better.
If you look at my custom build you will see I placed adhesive aluminium foil to block the light.
https://forum.model-space.co.uk/...aspx?g=posts&t=14926

Look at picture 8 in post 10 for reference.

Regards
Mark

Thanks Mark, I am planning on adding the warning and landing lights alonf with some fiber optic for the cockpit.

Anthony
Freedom7
#5 Posted : 04 January 2020 16:08:22

tschwand wrote:
You definitely need to light block the cockpit corridor. In addition to painting it, I added some black card stock glued to it to cover the seams between the two halves as the corridor is not a tight fit. I did block all of the hull plates but it was probably not necessary.

I will paint the inside of the cockpit tunnel and look for some black tape for the joints....

Anthony