Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages «<1011121314>»
Malc's 1/12 Alfa Tipo 158 Options
RM1
#221 Posted : 08 December 2020 13:31:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Thanks for all the comments.BigGrin

Once the basics of the grill is "square" it's relatively straightforward to add the remaining uprights.

RM1 attached the following image(s):
A158-157.jpg
A158-158.jpg
A158-159.jpg
RM1
#222 Posted : 08 December 2020 13:34:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The assembly is quite rigid and easy to handle. It fits neatly into the nosecone.
Malc.
A158-160.jpg
A158-161.jpg
A158-162.jpg
Kev the Modeller
#223 Posted : 08 December 2020 13:48:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Excellent work on that grille Malc and all accomplished in a very neat and tidy way. What a beautiful model this is and very skilfully assembled by yourself!? Drool Cool ThumpUp

I have been told by my supplier that my own 1:12 MFH kit of one of the most beautiful Grand Prix cars will be delivered tomorrow .... can't wait!! Drool

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
RM1
#224 Posted : 08 December 2020 14:28:37

Kev the Modeller wrote:
Excellent work on that grille Malc and all accomplished in a very neat and tidy way. What a beautiful model this is and very skilfully assembled by yourself!? Drool Cool ThumpUp

I have been told by my supplier that my own 1:12 MFH kit of one of the most beautiful Grand Prix cars will be delivered tomorrow .... can't wait!! Drool

Kev.

Thanks for the support Kev. BigGrin

Now I'm wondering what your kit is going to be.....is the Gurney-Weslake Eagle or the Ferrari Shark nose perhaps..?

Malc.

Kev the Modeller
#225 Posted : 08 December 2020 14:34:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

RM1 wrote:
Kev the Modeller wrote:

Kev.

Now I'm wondering what your kit is going to be.....is the Gurney-Weslake Eagle or the Ferrari Shark nose perhaps..?

Malc.

Certainly two of the most beautiful Grand Prix cars ever, so it could well be one of those two .... but which one!? Flapper BigGrin

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
roymattblack
#226 Posted : 08 December 2020 15:13:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

That grille is just stunning.
This is really going to be a superb model when it's finished.Love
Garth
#227 Posted : 09 December 2020 09:44:12

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Malc,
Awesome work on the grill. Paging through your build, I have to keep on reminding myself it's a model.Drool
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
RM1
#228 Posted : 09 December 2020 10:17:28

roymattblack wrote:
That grille is just stunning.
This is really going to be a superb model when it's finished.Love

Thanks Roy. getting closer to the finish line now !!
Malc.

RM1
#229 Posted : 09 December 2020 10:19:25

Garth wrote:
Hi Malc,
Awesome work on the grill. Paging through your build, I have to keep on reminding myself it's a model.Drool
Kind regards,
Garth

Many thanks Garth. There's so many interesting sub-assemblies in this kit. Next up will be the instruments. BigGrin

Malc.

RM1
#230 Posted : 09 December 2020 10:21:07

Kev the Modeller wrote:
RM1 wrote:
Kev the Modeller wrote:

Kev.

Malc.

Certainly two of the most beautiful Grand Prix cars ever, so it could well be one of those two .... but which one!? Flapper BigGrin

Kev.

Hi Kev. I'd go with the Weslake Eagle as the best looking...... Which ever it is I'm sure you'll make a fantastic job of it.

Malc.

Kev the Modeller
#231 Posted : 09 December 2020 12:46:54

RM1 wrote:
Kev the Modeller wrote:
RM1 wrote:
Kev the Modeller wrote:

Kev.

Malc.

Kev.

Hi Kev. I'd go with the Weslake Eagle as the best looking...... Which ever it is I'm sure you'll make a fantastic job of it.

Malc.

Hi Malc. All will be revealed later today! Thankyou for the compliment.ThumpUp

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
tigerace
#232 Posted : 11 December 2020 16:12:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Outstanding work on the grille MalcDrool Drool

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Markwarren
#233 Posted : 12 December 2020 10:28:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Stunning work and that grill looks a.Love Love Drool

Mark
RM1
#234 Posted : 07 January 2021 08:07:12

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.BigGrin

The instruments are quite sparse on these older cars. Rev's, and a couple of oil pressure / temperature gauges.

I polished the die cast rims and sprayed matt black. There is a pointer on the Rev' counter which sits on a rivet. Clear covers complete the units.

Malc.
A158-163.jpg
A158-164.jpg
A158-165.jpg
A158-166.jpg
A158-167.jpg
A158-167a.jpg
RM1
#235 Posted : 07 January 2021 08:12:49

There is no detail in the kit for the rear of the dashboard so I've added my own instrument clamps, wiring and piping. I may display the finished model with some bodywork removed so a little detail here is important.
A158-168.jpg
A158-169.jpg
Markwarren
#236 Posted : 08 January 2021 10:10:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Just stunning work Malc. The realism of this build is breathtaking.Love Love

Mark
roymattblack
#237 Posted : 08 January 2021 11:52:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Absolutely gorgeous work. A genuine credit to you.Love
CaptnBirdseye
#238 Posted : 09 January 2021 20:43:41

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

OhMyGod OhMyGod It looks like your building the real thing! And that's about the highest compliment i think any modeller could get

Just superb ThumpUp
Gandale
#239 Posted : 10 January 2021 12:17:18

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

There are some seriously great modellers within our forum and this build is up there with the best of them Malc... Outstanding work.....Love Love

Regards

Alan
Kev the Modeller
#240 Posted : 11 January 2021 15:54:01

Lovely work as always Malc, some nice added detail to the back of the dashboard/firewall, which can only be an added plus to such a wonderful base model!

Looking great and edging ever closer to that finish line now Malc, keep up the good work, I'll be following all the way! Drool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra