Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Starting to get put off this build Options
wavodavo
#1 Posted : 26 January 2020 20:26:15

Groups: Registered

Hello,
So after a bit of trouble I had with the foot brake spring, I have found a different spring to use as I had no definitive answer.
My next trouble I had was with the stage 53: the gear pedal. I put the linkage pin through the post to the gear pedal but found the the hole drilled out to align with the post so when the pin was being tightened down it was starting to cross thread and so the post came away from the pedal assembly and stripped the treads.
I asked customer services TWICE for a replacement and once it came (along with a replacement brake spring), they sent me not just the certain stage packs I asked for but whole of the packs that went out originally (12 packs in total!)
I tried again with the new gear pedal but again the hole is still not aligned ad the pin just off at an angle. The threads are so fine they just strip. Now that's another pedal that are useless, which means I've got to ask for another plus more duplicate parts and I can't guarantee that it will be the same. Other people don't seem to have this problem. Am I doing something wrong? Any advise available?
I'm stuck with all these spare parts (including 2 frame halves) that I have no use for.
Dave
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 27 January 2020 08:48:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Hi Dave
I did find the pin to be a very tight fit, but it did go in eventually.

Mark
bugsec
#3 Posted : 27 January 2020 16:22:13

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Guys,

Yep same problem with mine and the replacement not much better. Pin screwed in but not far enough.

Plan B:

Drill the hole so the pin fits - done.
Secure the pin and detached post from the first set of parts with Gorilla/Super/Araldite or some such glue - need to get some glue for that though.

Graham