Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Web site update Options
goddo
#1 Posted : 06 February 2020 11:22:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

Morning All,

I note that there are still many kits either "Out of stock" or unavailable for dispatch despite "Sale" emblazoned across the webpage.

I was just beginning to wonder what is happening with the admin of this website.
Back last year we had some reassuring messages that things will improve and a new team was in place.
A couple of recent messages on here have indicated that things haven't really changed much. Although I really do appreciate that everyones time is important with many other things to do, we haven't been given any feedback on any aspect.

Just yesterday I read a "build" diary from a guy called Dave who is still waiting since last July for some early part works so that he can actually get started. Not much fun for him is it? Crying Crying
Does anyone have any news to boost morale?

Thanks. Chris.
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 06 February 2020 11:36:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I attended an online interview this week to discuss the website in terms of what i liked, how could it be improved, what would i like to see.

That was run on behalf of Deagostini using a marketing firm so my feelings are if they invest money into that they are taking things seriously in trying to improve.

In terms of the out of stocks in the model space shop i did notice a few items have started to be removed so again that is a positive.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
z8000783
#3 Posted : 06 February 2020 11:39:12

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Did you mention the problem with images failing to display?

goddo
#4 Posted : 06 February 2020 12:39:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

birdaj2 wrote:

In terms of the out of stocks in the model space shop i did notice a few items have started to be removed so again that is a positive.
Tony

Hi Tony, thank you for responding. While I am sure that there are things happening behind the scenes, you must agree that it would benefit those still waiting for kits or partworks to be given some form of feedback on an official level? Also, when you say "items have started to be removed" do you mean from the Out of Stock bracket, or are they being removed from Sale?
Thanks. Chris.
marendziuk
#5 Posted : 01 April 2020 23:28:49

Also, every time there is a sale, like the Easter sale right now, none of the subscriptions are actually on sale. The prices are the same as always. I have wanted to start at last 2 more subscriptions but not at full price. When I ask about it no one ever responds...
bfam4t6
#6 Posted : 02 April 2020 00:05:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

marendziuk wrote:
Also, every time there is a sale, like the Easter sale right now, none of the subscriptions are actually on sale. The prices are the same as always. I have wanted to start at last 2 more subscriptions but not at full price. When I ask about it no one ever responds...

Yeah, I had the same issue in the past. Try putting whatever you want in your cart and go look at the checkout. You should see the sale price reflected there.
-Dustin

“Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci

Currently Building:
Porsche 2.7 RS

Currently Collecting
Jaguar E-Type, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 250 GTO, Lamborghini Miura, Ford GT40, Ecto-1, Japanese Zero, Porsche 917, Lancia Stratos

CaptnBirdseye
#7 Posted : 02 April 2020 13:04:56

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It does say discounts available on full kits. They do have discounts on some of the older part works occasionally, i got my Spitfire with £10 discount off the normal monthly price. I guess you've just got to keep an eye out for those deals.

marendziuk
#8 Posted : 02 April 2020 23:38:49

Current deal says 20% off certain subscriptions. None of them are on sale and they don't discount in the cart either.
CaptnBirdseye
#9 Posted : 03 April 2020 10:36:15

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

marendziuk wrote:
Current deal says 20% off certain subscriptions. None of them are on sale and they don't discount in the cart either.

Apologies, didn’t notice your country of origin in your sig. Ours in the UK only state full kits. Might be worth dropping a pm to admin to follow up

Regards Gray