Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Display Case Options
RickJH
#1 Posted : 18 February 2020 13:16:57

Groups: Registered

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone out there has managed to find a display case for this?
If so, where did you get it?

(I wouldn't mind finding a wall mounted case if one exists!) Wink

Thanks
Rick
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 19 February 2020 09:00:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

I get my cases from Widdowsons. They are not cheap but excellent cases. They do all different styles and custom sizes.
https://www.widdowsonsltd.co.uk
Here is mine.
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
photo smaller.jpg
RickJH
#3 Posted : 19 February 2020 11:31:57

That looks superb! Where did you get the helmet??
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 19 February 2020 16:24:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

RickJH wrote:
That looks superb! Where did you get the helmet??

Thanks,the cases are UV protected as well.
The helmet was from the Haley Davidson Fatboy kit. Stage 15. I bought that issue and painted it in the Captain America colours.

Fatboy issue

My build log with the finished painted helmet, post 49
Finished Helmet

Cheers Mark
RickJH
#5 Posted : 19 February 2020 18:21:50

Hi Mark,

Very, very impressed with your build log! I particularly love the weathering on the engine etc. I'd be very interested to know which products you used for it.

Just out of curiousity, what size is your display cabinet? (therefore it will prevent any issues when ordering a bespoke case).

Just to fill you in, I am receiving my kit bi-monthly & at present I am expecting build pack 9 any time now.
I haven't started building yet as I prefer to have all the packs together rather than wait for each one hence the reason for all my questions! I am gathering as much information / materials / tools as I can before I commence.

Cheers & I appreciate your help!
Rick
Markwarren
#6 Posted : 19 February 2020 23:11:09

The case I ordered was:
SKU CDC-501 5mm Thick Cover with Inside Sizes 75cm x 30cm x 40cm High -Black Ash Wooden Base with a Black coloured center.
The 75cm length is a tight fit and I would recommend you complete the kit first and just measure it for your own peace of mind. If you look at mine, it fits in at a slight angle to get it in.

The weathering on the engine was Starship Filth (Fantasy) Oil Abteilung 502 ABT510. Mixed with a little turps just to thin it out a little. Liberally paint it all over and in the recesses. Leave to dry for a few minutes, depending on the weather and how hot it is. Then clean it off with cotton balls and leave to dry off for around 48 hours. I also did the same with the chrome to tone it down. If it it hot and humid and appears to dry straight away, wipe it down sooner.

Hope that helps.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing you build log.

Cheers
Mark
RickJH
#7 Posted : 20 February 2020 10:52:43

Thanks Mark!

Weathering oil noted & ordered!

I'll no doubt have more questions nearer the time when building.. (if that's OK?)

Much appreciated
Rick