Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

R2 No Longer Powers On Options
Ph1lthy38
#1 Posted : 11 March 2020 16:19:15

Groups: Registered

I completed my R2 build without issues. I followed the procedure to install the batteries and my R2 was working perfectly. I didn't use it for about a month and when i tried to use it again, it would not power on. I assumed the batteries were dead. I tried charging and that appeared to do nothing. I checked each battery with the individual charger and they were all charged, but R2 still will not power on. I am not sure what the issue could be, or how to move forward with troubleshooting. Any help would be appreciated.
Ph1lthy38
#2 Posted : 23 March 2020 21:52:22

Does anyone have an idea of where I can start here? Does Model Space have support on these forums?
Markwarren
#3 Posted : 23 March 2020 22:44:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Sorry, didn’t see your original post.
First have a look at the troubleshooting page found in the link below.
Troubleshooting

Check to see if you have any power coming from the battery box, the troubleshooting guide will show you how this is done.
I had an issue with mine when I left it for a while. I recharged the batteries in the supplied charger individually. Once they were fully charged again, I placed them back into the battery box and started the initial startup procedure again.

Regards
Mark
Ph1lthy38
#4 Posted : 24 March 2020 17:59:49

Markwarren wrote:
Troubleshooting

Check to see if you have any power coming from the battery box, the troubleshooting guide will show you how this is done.
I had an issue with mine when I left it for a while. I recharged the batteries in the supplied charger individually. Once they were fully charged again, I placed them back into the battery box and started the initial startup procedure again.

Regards
Mark

Thanks Mark! I will try this and let you know what the outcome it.

Don
semaj
#5 Posted : 27 March 2020 00:06:08

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

If you have removed the batteries you will need to carry out the activation procedure again by plugging it in for a few moments as per the instructions.
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
Ph1lthy38
#6 Posted : 28 March 2020 16:08:36

Markwarren wrote:
Troubleshooting

Regards
Mark

semaj wrote:
If you have removed the batteries you will need to carry out the activation procedure again by plugging it in for a few moments as per the instructions.

He is alive!!! Thanks for your help guys. I removed the batteries and charged them individually. I then reinserted them into the battery box and put the battery box back into R2. Then I connected the charger for a few seconds. When I disconnected the charger and powered him on he came to life!

Thanks again,

Don
Markwarren
#7 Posted : 28 March 2020 16:22:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Great news Don, enjoy.BigGrin

Mark
delboy271155
#8 Posted : 28 March 2020 21:06:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Good to hear you have an up and running R2.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Lets have a couple of pics in a finished build thread to celebrate.ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"