Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

NEW - for me... Warhammer Age of Sigmar Options
roymattblack
#1 Posted : 14 March 2020 00:10:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I've been an avid model car builder for more years than I can remember.
However, I've always been a BIG fantasy fan.
Heaven knows how many times I've read Lord of the rings, The Belgariad and umpteen other series.
Donkeys years ago I used to play a game called The Sorcerers Cave. A kind of 'tile' game where you added new floor pieces at each turn. The 'cave' was never the same in different games.

Anyway - Dungeons and Dragons passed me by, and and 'computer' games never interested me anyway - no 'physical' input.

So - when 'The Age of Sigmar' popped up a while ago, I couldn't help looking at it in the local shop that had each weekly issue.

It intrigued me at first. I have NO knowledge of these type of games.
After a few weeks I found that I was actually looking for each new issue, each week in my local shop.

Anyway - now done and subscribed.

NO - I will probably never play any games - nobody to play with.
It's the figures and more so - the scenery and buildings that come with the parts.

I'll post little updates to begin with, just to gauge interest.
If it's a 'no-hoper', I'll stop.
However, if there are any other 'closet' fantasy figure people out there I'd love to get some chat going...
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 14 March 2020 04:55:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

I like to piant warhammer figures.Their paints are amazing.They go on with a brush and there are no brush strokes once the paint dries.I often go ni the local store to buy paint and the manager keeps trying to tempt me to play, but I really just like the figures.

Carl

Martyn Ingram
#3 Posted : 14 March 2020 08:19:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin I have been collecting fantasy dragons for years and now have about 15 of them, Cool
Looking forward to seeing your figures Roy
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
tf64
#4 Posted : 14 March 2020 22:43:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Roy, I'm thinking of my next diorama, this will have a wizard tower plus cliffs stepping stones flying dragons and all kinds of things, haven't started yet but the mind is rolling.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

skyfire
#5 Posted : 15 March 2020 08:25:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I have more Age of Sigmar and 40K than I know what to do with! - LoL

I agree, we need a fantasy section on here, but can we also have 40K as well. :)

roymattblack
#6 Posted : 15 March 2020 10:54:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

If we have a 'Fantasy' section, people could create the sub-sections (40k, Age of Sigmar, or whatever) themselves.

I'll see what I can do.

Roy.BigGrin
roymattblack
#7 Posted : 15 March 2020 19:01:35

Well, my first bit of a house...
All printed on card, cut out and layered.
A bit of fun...
roymattblack attached the following image(s):
P1018177.JPG
P1018178.JPG
tf64
#8 Posted : 16 March 2020 14:15:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Look's good Roy keep going I will keep looking

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

roymattblack
#9 Posted : 20 March 2020 21:43:12

OK, we have a new area...
Well, I've not been particularly busy, but here's my little cardboard Tavern so far...

P1018190.JPG
Stupot
#10 Posted : 20 March 2020 22:41:13

Hi Roy, I loved playing AD&D when I was a teenager but my real love is Shadowrun. It took me a few years but eventually I got nearly every book they published. It's an RPG set in the distant future with loads of crazy technology & weapons. You can pick up the sourcebooks for £5-£10. Well worth a look. Stu.
roymattblack
#11 Posted : 20 March 2020 23:10:26

Thanks for looking in Stu.

I'm not really that bothered about actually playing the games. It's the 'World' and the scenarios that interest me. I just enjoy the settings, the scenery, landscapes etc...
However, I'll be looking in on your suggestions...
tf64
#12 Posted : 21 March 2020 19:40:04

Hi Roy,

Like your house looking ok, is this a part building that will be added to a larger project or is this a build on its own ?.

Regards

Trev

birdaj2
#13 Posted : 21 March 2020 20:29:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's interesting Roy in terms of printed parts.

Is this something you designed?

I have purchased some downloadable Railway buildings at different times and built for a few friends but never seen the sort of buildings you have used.

They look really good.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
roymattblack
#14 Posted : 05 April 2020 15:04:31

Hello Tony.
The building parts are a download from here:

http://www.fatdragongame.../fdgfiles/?page_id=2233

There are umpteen different panels, walls, floors, roof bits etc. Enough to create a whole village of different buildings.
All the parts - about 100 different A4 sheets - are layered PDF's so you can also alter every section with dirt, moss, ivy, clean, different brick styles etc.
Actually incredibly clever.

I printed the parts double-sided on fairly thick card so when a part is cut out, there's an inside and an outside to it.
It's designed to be a 'fold-flat' system so you can put the buildings away easily but I'm building mine rigid and will add lichen, real moss, bits of trees etc...

Although the website says is around $15, it actually cost $4...!

There's enough in the one set to keep me building for donkeys years...
roymattblack
#15 Posted : 06 April 2020 16:50:29

A few extra's I've bought to go with my little tavern.
However, I think I'm going to dismantle my initial building and extend it. It's too small for an old inn...

P1018412.JPG
roymattblack
#16 Posted : 09 April 2020 19:37:13

Well, I broke down my first little building but I will use the wall parts. I just need to make more of them, and in different sizes.

I created a new base sheet so you can see how the floor plan will be in the new version...
BASE 1a.jpg
Gandale
#17 Posted : 10 April 2020 23:15:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Definitely different for you Roy but I know it's a build I'm going to enjoy following.... Love the base, looks very realistic indeed.....Drool Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
roymattblack
#18 Posted : 17 April 2020 16:18:41

OK - I've now rebuilt the ground floor and added a few 'bushes' to the outside.
Just waiting for a set of Citadel paints to arrive, then I'll start on the interior fittings before thinking about adding the next floor...
P1018414.JPG
P1018415.JPG
P1018416.JPG
P1018417.JPG
P1018418.JPG
P1018423.JPG
John28
#19 Posted : 25 February 2021 11:59:23

Groups:

Message was deleted by User.