Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Star Trek Picard - anyone watching? Options
roymattblack
#1 Posted : 18 March 2020 18:08:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

As a bit of general chat - anyone else watching Picard?
What are your thoughts so far?

It's good, but not 'quite' as good as I'd hoped.
For me, it's a bit removed from what I think of as Star Trek.
Also, I'm noticing how Picard himself is in each episode less and less from week to week.

It was nice to see Riker and Troi, but unless they figure in future episodes - why?

Anyone else have any comments?
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 18 March 2020 21:21:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

I’m watching it and enjoying it too. The best episode so far was with Rider and Troi, nice to see them get together again. I do find some of the episode, particularly the first few veeeeerrrrryy sloooowwww. But overall now it has picked up its pace, enjoyable.
You are right Roy, not as good as I hoped either and completely different from what we have been accustomed too.
admin
#3 Posted : 19 March 2020 00:14:07

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I’m watching it, and LOVING it!

The infallible Picard is gone, and we are seeing the repercussions of his past actions. I like the regret and the struggles with relevance that are being portrayed. He is still arrogant, but pays the price when he gets too high and mighty.

My late mother in law had a long term crush on Patrick Stewart. My son was a chef at a local restaurant when he came in, and he told his Nana about it. We took her in, and it was such a thrill for her to sit in the “same” chair as her crush. It was one of the last times we took her out, before she passed. But, she was like a high school girl for a while. It’s the simple pleasures in life, isn’t it?