Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Calibration/dome problem/projector Options
ironicstan
#21 Posted : 09 April 2020 10:51:23

Groups: Registered

So both parts arrived today. I changed the sensors. Same thing happened. So just as I thought, the sensors probably weren't bad. Then I changed the new motor I received today as well. Again, same problem. But at least the Deagostini Japan is in contact with me finally. Hopefully this will all get sorted out sooner than later. Perhaps they'll just send me a whole new R2 unit. ;)
R2D2Nut
#22 Posted : 10 April 2020 03:20:49

Did you add the shims under the head motor mounting bracket that came with one of the issues? They are not to add gap in between the dome and the chassis. It is to add space so that the tab on the head clears the sensor slots.
Fred

ironicstan wrote:
So both parts arrived today. I changed the sensors. Same thing happened. So just as I thought, the sensors probably weren't bad. Then I changed the new motor I received today as well. Again, same problem. But at least the Deagostini Japan is in contact with me finally. Hopefully this will all get sorted out sooner than later. Perhaps they'll just send me a whole new R2 unit. ;)

ironicstan
#23 Posted : 10 April 2020 03:41:32

Yup! I added those! When I used the first motor, he would move forward properly, but the motor speed was too fast. Now the speed is normal, he doesn't rotate properly. So not sure what is going on.