Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages 123>
La Ferrari by Andreas Options
Andreas
#1 Posted : 28 March 2020 07:53:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

just a foreword as I see our situation
In the difficult times that we all go through together, I myself make a small contribution to keeping the economy in Italy going. I do not care if a delivery does not arrive on time, I have time, and I am the rest myself. Going on the ceiling and getting upset is not something I do, and I do not let it happen in the DE Forum when such posts are published as already happened. Here I appeal to the common sense from anyone.I consistently act against such posts without exception. This only on the edge.

Another new model, another challenge.BigGrin
LaFerrari

The model contains 12 deliveries. Functions are also included here, such as light, engine sound etc. The first seat makes a great impression, the material is very good. Great thing is opening and closing the doors, they are activated by a remote control. The remote control comes with the delivery 12 and has been replicated using a Formula 1 steering wheel with control buttons. The first impression of the paint is excellent. Components that are held in carbon, look great. The fit of the components is also very good. In the first delivery, I installed the carbon splitter on the bumper and attached the Ferrari logos. The tires have inlays, depending on the weight of the car. Two Ferrari logos were attached to the airbox, and these were cleanly punched out of aluminum. All in all, I am very satisfied so far and I am looking forward to the next construction phases

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
eebygum
#2 Posted : 28 March 2020 08:28:42

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

The quality looks amazing

looking forward to following this build

terry
FINISHED BUILDS---- HMS Victory--Bismarck--Battleship Yamato-D51 Steam Train--Pocher Ferrari Testarossa--Soleil Royal--Schnellboot S-100--StageCoach 1848--HMS HOOD-- Delorean (Back to the Future)
Markwarren
#3 Posted : 28 March 2020 10:15:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice to see this one underway Andreas, will be following with interest.Love Love

Mark
Andreas
#4 Posted : 28 March 2020 15:41:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Thanks everybody , I appreciate it very much.

I think it will be a lot of fun building the Ferrari.But just let us together enjoy everything we do.

the best to all off you guys!
Forum Support Team
Spal
#5 Posted : 28 March 2020 16:49:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start AndreasCooli will be following as I almost have a complete one myself to build.

Al
Venom
#6 Posted : 29 March 2020 00:23:06

Oh my god!! Love this car, watching your build. Thank you Love
bfam4t6
#7 Posted : 29 March 2020 03:56:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Nice start! It looks like a high quality model
-Dustin

“Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci

Currently Building:
Porsche 2.7 RS

Currently Collecting
Jaguar E-Type, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 250 GTO, Lamborghini Miura, Ford GT40, Ecto-1, Japanese Zero, Porsche 917, Lancia Stratos

Andreas
#8 Posted : 13 April 2020 08:43:49

LaFerrari
After collecting the Easter eggs, it's time to start working on the full kit of the LaFerrari.
Resume so far.
I took a look at the rest of the deliveries. So I think the model is a bit more demanding in terms of structure in terms of skills. Here you have to be very careful, especially when it comes to assembling the gearbox. Some construction phases are tough. A lot of electronics is available, this also applies to the electric wing doors

Delivery 2 construction phases 9 - 16

THE RIGHT CYLINDER VALVE COVER
In the first construction phase, the left valve cover was fitted with the seal. Now the right side followed. The screws for closing the valve covers on the left and right are also part of this construction phase. There are 5 different types (A, B, C, D and E). In order to handle them safely and insert them in the intended places, you need a modeling pliers with long jaws. This work phase is quite tricky. Finally, the 4 ignition transformers are plugged in.Two per cylinder side still remain loose, because the cylinders will be screwed later. I only put them temporarily on the cylinders in the pictures. It is only for viewing.

THE FRONT AIR INLETS
In this construction phase, the radiator bezel, the grill and the right and left air ducts in the front bumper were installed.The grilles in the front are made of black painted aluminum and are screwed into the air ducts.

THE FRONT HOOD HYDRAULIC CYLINDER

The first hood damper was installed.
The first front tire was then mounted on the rim.The tires have an asymmetrical profile. Usually these tires have an "inside" or "outside" mark on their flanks. Unfortunately this has been forgotten here. Therefore, when mounting the tires on the rims, make sure that they are in the right place.

THE PASSENGER SEAT

The second seat. The assembly was analogous to the driver's seat.

THE DASHBOARD
Different materials were used here to make the dashboard look more authentic. The instrument panel is also provided with lighting.

THE STEERING WHEEL OF FORMULA 1

Here the fittings and the steering wheel were assembled.The design of the steering wheel was taken from Formula 1.

THE INTERIOR

During this last construction phase, some of the interior was installed. This was followed by the installation of the tunnel, the front bulkhead, the center tunnel and a mat on the passenger side. Next, the divider and the mat on the driver's side was mounted. After this the seat belt attachments were putting in place. This construction phase was completed with the control panel for the gearbox.

Forum Support Team
CaptnBirdseye
#9 Posted : 13 April 2020 10:43:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin VERY impressed with this so far Andreas ThumpUp
Those parts do look well made
Eagerly following

Regards Gray
darbyvet
#10 Posted : 13 April 2020 16:52:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks great so far.Is this the it that has the remote controlled door opening?

Carl

Andreas
#11 Posted : 13 April 2020 17:24:33

Thanks everybody,
yes Carl, you open the doors by remote control. DeAgo came up with some extras by this one. It has a couple of functions, interior lighting that turns off later when the doors are closed. Alarm lighting, if you lock the doors, etc. etc. But.... everything has to work later.I will seeBigGrin
Forum Support Team
bfam4t6
#12 Posted : 14 April 2020 03:26:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Nice update! This looks like a high quality kit.
-Dustin

“Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci

Currently Building:
Porsche 2.7 RS

Currently Collecting
Jaguar E-Type, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 250 GTO, Lamborghini Miura, Ford GT40, Ecto-1, Japanese Zero, Porsche 917, Lancia Stratos

RM1
#13 Posted : 14 April 2020 10:51:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That looks like a nice kit to build. BigGrin
Malc.
admin
#14 Posted : 14 April 2020 16:37:32

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Beautiful job, Andreas!
Markwarren
#15 Posted : 14 April 2020 19:04:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Lovely work Andreas, looks a fab build.Love Drool

Mark
Andreas
#16 Posted : 17 April 2020 21:29:39

LaFerrari

Delivery 3 + 4

Delivery 3 was tackledBigGrin . I've been building model cars for a long time now, but the Laferrari is surprising me more and more. The level of difficulty in the model is already very high and presents problems for inexperienced model builders. I can currently see this in our DE forum, where I am now giving help. The construction report I am posting here is not my current status of the build, I have already installed the delivery 8, so I am very far.I would like to show up a construction status for all deliveries, if only because of the components and the complexity of the model. The fact is, with the Laferrari you have to concentrate on the construction phases, some construction phases are very complex. The LaFerrari has a lot of electronics, each wing door has its own drive motor. this is just an example, it has much more. But this a little later.When building the LaFerrari, I find myself in my real job. As some know, I am at Bugatti where I build prototypes as test vehicles. So the components / structure and technology of the LaFerrari are known to me.

Delivery 3
The Pedals
The Pedals was installed. The design of the pedals were adopted from motorsport

The cooling system
In a super sports car like the Ferrari, the thermal efficiency of the cooling system has to match the aerodynamic efficiency so that as much heat as possible is dissipated while at the same time offering the least possible resistance. When conditions get really difficult, for example in city traffic, the Ferrari's large radiator is supported by two powerful electric fans. These are mounted in the front of the trunk. Here, a warning sign is always attached in the trunk with the note that temperatures up to 50 degrees + can form in the trunk. In the model we are building the right fan also “hides” a loudspeaker to faithfully reproduce the sound of the horn and the sound of the engine.

The trunk
The trunk was pre-assembled. This will only be installed later with the double fans. The trunk has space for a travel bag for 2 people.

The rear wheel rim
The second rim for the rear wheel was delivered. The double fan was also mounted on the fan frame.

The seat belts
The support frame for the rear window and the seat belts made of nylon were installed.

The alternator

The rear window was assembled from polycarbonate. A little glue is enough to fix it, but in no case superglue that contains cyanoacrylate. This glue spills out. The first components of the engine were also delivered. The alternator and a cylinder head.

LaFerrari
Delivery 4

The ignition
The starter is part of this delivery. The assembly will follow at a later stage. Here the alternator was now mounted on the cylinder head of the car. The fuel pump and the starter were first set aside.

The lubrication system
As with all high-performance vehicles, it is an engine with dry sump lubrication. The oil is injected into the engine after it has been cleaned by the oil filter. Started with mounting the oil filter. The starter was then mounted on the engine block.

The potentiometers
The potentiometers have the function of regulating the movements of the nozzles, which can thereby change their overall length. Longer nozzles increase suction resistance and improve performance at low speeds, while shorter nozzles increase performance at higher speeds. By changing its length while driving, it is possible to constantly maximize the responsiveness of the engine. This is of great importance for engines such as those developed for racing or for equipping high-performance sports cars. The engine was also partially assembled with its first row of cylinders (cylinder head) on the right.

The alternator pulley

The alternator pulley was installed. Then the left row of cylinders (cylinder head) was assembled.

Clutch and sports transmission
The seven-speed gearbox was installed. This is sophisticated and robust. The model is the gearshift of the single-seater of Formula 1 of the racing team from Maranello.

The engine mounts
The engine mounts were installed.

The differential gear
The purpose of the differential is to transfer more power to the bike with less grip. This mechanism, which is present in all cars, enables cornering without the tire of the outer wheel being affected by sliding (blocking).

Forum Support Team
CaptnBirdseye
#17 Posted : 17 April 2020 22:44:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Drool Wow this really does look great Andreas Love
I desperately hope this comes to the UK ThumpUp
Andreas
#18 Posted : 18 April 2020 07:35:20

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
Drool Wow this really does look great Andreas Love
I desperately hope this comes to the UK ThumpUp

Thanks!BigGrin

I hope that it will also be available for you soon. You never know.

A year ago, at the request of users from the DE forum, I wrote directly to Italia Management whether the Ferrari might not come to us. I don't know if they heard us, or if it was a coincidence.BigGrin

Forum Support Team
Markwarren
#19 Posted : 18 April 2020 09:03:17

What a great kit, plenty of electronics by the looks of things.Love Love Nice work Andreas.Cool ThumpUp

Mark
eebygum
#20 Posted : 18 April 2020 09:18:55

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good Job
Nice looking kit and a nice build so far looking forward to watching this build to the end.

BigGrin BigGrin
FINISHED BUILDS---- HMS Victory--Bismarck--Battleship Yamato-D51 Steam Train--Pocher Ferrari Testarossa--Soleil Royal--Schnellboot S-100--StageCoach 1848--HMS HOOD-- Delorean (Back to the Future)