Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Circuit Board - Not Working Options
Telos
#1 Posted : 02 April 2020 22:58:31

Groups: Registered

I am also building the Deagostini X- wing. In issue 67, you receive the circuit board. In Issue 72 you connect all the plugs to the circuit board. I tested every connection along the build process and all the lighting effects worked fine. But when I connected all the plugs to the circuit board..nothing works. I tested the remote and it works. I am guessing either the remote receiver (part #9) is bad or the circuit board is bad.... TOTALLY FRUSTRATED. I am curious to see if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.
tet421
#2 Posted : 23 April 2020 00:54:14

Groups: Registered

Be sure to look for the 2nd post in the "X-Wing Discussion Forum" that says "Circuit Board Testing" posted by Markwarren. The post says the following:

Circuit Board Testing

Issue 72 of the magazine states that the functions can be tested on the X-Wing. This is not correct. In order to test the functionality, the electrical line 20 that comes in issue 74 is necessary in order to carry out the test. Under no circumstances are you to bridge the slot 20 and to wait for issue 74 as this will result in the board becoming inoperative and burnt out.

Be aware that no replacement boards will be given should you try this.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Looks like we wait just a bit longer to get issue 74 so we can do the functions test. Hope this info helps relieve the frustration.