Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Follow Instructions Options
davidyat
#1 Posted : 04 April 2020 16:52:52

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I started my GT 40 build. I remembered reading the Official build before I ordered my first pack. My very first assembly (5-G into 5-F), I broke the tab on
5-G. I'm a machinist who works with tolerances like 1/2 of a thousandth. I took out my caliper, measured the tab, got a drill bit that size and tried to enlarge the hole instead of FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ON THE OFFICIAL BUILD and scrapping off the chrome. I thought I had the hole enlarged enough. I didn't. And when I pushed down on 5-G, I broke off the tab. Thank God I was able to glue it back on. At least it's in an area where my mistake won't be seen. So I would highly advise you to follow the official build and learn from my mistake.

Bosco
admin
#2 Posted : 05 April 2020 05:26:47

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I’ve painted myself into that corner more than once. All 50 years of modeling experience doesn’t prevent me from getting really stupid from time to time!
CaptnBirdseye
#3 Posted : 05 April 2020 11:30:36

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

admin wrote:
I’ve painted myself into that corner more than once. All 50 years of modeling experience doesn’t prevent me from getting really stupid from time to time!

BigGrin I think a lot of us will see ourselves in that statement Laugh
davidyat
#4 Posted : 07 April 2020 17:34:09

Thanks, I don't want to be the only one who can look into a mirror and see a Jack Ass looking back!!!
delboy271155
#5 Posted : 07 April 2020 17:39:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

davidyat wrote:
Thanks, I don't want to be the only one who can look into a mirror and see a Jack Ass looking back!!!

It takes a bigger man to admit his mistakes/errors, but I`d put my last penny on the fact that there are more that keep quiet than speak up. Blink Blink

Happy building.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

bfam4t6
#6 Posted : 07 April 2020 22:36:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks for the tip. I plan to start building the engine soon
-Dustin

“Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci

Currently Building:
Porsche 2.7 RS

Currently Collecting
Jaguar E-Type, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 250 GTO, Lamborghini Miura, Ford GT40, Ecto-1, Japanese Zero, Porsche 917, Lancia Stratos

davidyat
#7 Posted : 21 April 2020 14:30:36

I like to tell people that I've never had a mistake or failure in my life. I've had "learning experiences". When something goes wrong, I LEARNED, "DON'T DO THAT AGAIN"!!!Flapper Flapper Flapper
roymattblack
#8 Posted : 21 April 2020 16:04:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

davidyat wrote:
I like to tell people that I've never had a mistake or failure in my life. I've had "learning experiences". When something goes wrong, I LEARNED, "DON'T DO THAT AGAIN"!!!Flapper Flapper Flapper

ABSOLUTELY...

I too have NEVER made a mistake - I just LEARNED that I did it WRONG...LOL Laugh