Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Hummer engine silencer issue Options
sirwolfy
#1 Posted : 06 April 2020 17:03:07

Groups: Registered

Hello! I am trying to get this thing started but i seem to be stuck... If i put a few drops of fuel in the carb it goes for a second and then stalls. I have tried everything i saw around here other guys tried, same result... Then i blew in the exhaust and i noticed that where the silencer is joined at the middle it looses air whilst i blow. Is that something normal or the gasket is gone? I opened it up and gasket seems ok although it looks quite flimsy and fragile. Please help!
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 06 April 2020 19:10:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi the seal should be tight and not leaking the reason for this is that it presurises the tank to keep the fuel flowing You could get a replacement gasket or just get some high temp silicon sealant that will seal it just as well.

Once the exhaust has been sealed double check that fuel is constantly in the tube to the carburetta. If you can see it flowing backwards and forwards you still have a bad seal some where. Check that the fuel filler cap is fully in place if you hold it down and the fuel starts to flow but stops if you take your hand from the filler cap its probably the seal on the fuel tank.

Double check all your tubing for sealing correctly and look for pin holes or anything that could let air into the system.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

sirwolfy
#3 Posted : 06 April 2020 21:02:57

Well after reopening the silencer and re-tighten it it finally fired up after a few tries! But as soon as i give it some revs it chokes up... Now the plug charger run out so i have to give it another try once that's charged up again. My question is: one turn of the needle valve is a full 360 degree turn or a 180 degree turn? Cheers!
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 06 April 2020 21:22:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Ok sounds good , its a full 360 for each turn it also sounds like you may be too rich so give the other needle a half turn in too.

Motor instruction download is here,just click on the link-

https://forum.model-spac....aspx?g=posts&t=6557
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

sirwolfy
#5 Posted : 07 April 2020 15:49:00

I can happily say i managed to work this thing out, it takes a while to start it properly as it keeps stalling the first 3-4 starts. After that it goes. The problem i have now is that i dont know how to reverse... Sometimes i need to do a 3 point turn and i dont know how to reverse the thing... Can this thing go in reverse and if so what do i need to do to make it happen? Thx
arpurchase
#6 Posted : 07 April 2020 18:40:20

No reverse is fitted but glad your up and running now.