Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

New forum/server Options
z8000783
#1 Posted : 06 April 2020 18:57:58

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Not sure why the previous topic was locked. This feature seems to be used a little too quickly by admins.

I am a little confused so perhaps Admin can clarify. I get the impression that the forum is moving to a new server. Now if the fault with picture display is within the forum software, simply moving it somewhere else won't correct the problem.

So is the plan to host a new forum on a new server or simply to move it to new space?

Many thanks.

admin
#2 Posted : 06 April 2020 21:38:11

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I locked the topic as I felt the main points had been addressed well enough. I absolutely reserve the right to lock a topic. Previously, the topic would have been simply deleted. As opposed to the previous admin, I as a matter of course, allow discussion of the issues (and warts) that DeAgostini has. I strive to maintain transparency, and thus allow negative topics to be posted, and addressed. I even went so far as to add the “Moans, and Groans” section to collate all the various issue we all face. But, when the topic becomes a series of repetitions of the same complaint, it has served past its usefulness, and I’ll lock it, but continue to allow it to be viewed.

It is not only a move to a new server, but to a new platform. You are correct in that simply moving to a new server would do nothing to solve the issue of the photos not showing, as that is an imbedded software issue.

Again, I have no idea when the move will take place.
z8000783
#3 Posted : 07 April 2020 07:15:56

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Complaints channels are the way businesses find out what's bothering their customers and clearly, this is what has happened here. As you rightly say, DeAg did not appear to be interested in this, in the past.

The problem is, by letting it go on this long, DeAg may have left it too late in this case. 5 years is a long time to allow problems like this on a visual topic, to fester.