Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

alexserno64 Options
alexserno64
#1 Posted : 14 April 2020 17:05:02

Groups: Registered

after completing the configuration and everything working as it should i attempted to print the first object TABLET CASE. step by step once i press print the table moves to Z15 and nothing else happens i have to restart to get the head to heat up.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM I'M NOT A STUPID PERSON BUT SEEMS LIKE MODEL SPACE DOESN'T HELP THE PEOPLE THAT SPENT HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS TO PURCHASE THE MODELS FROM THEM

IM VERY DISSATISIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 14 April 2020 17:16:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

So you are saying that the table moves to the print position and the head heats up but the print doesnt start.Do I have that right? In some prints there is a gcode instruction inserted to wait for the print bed to heat up before starting the print.if your gcode has that instruction line in it the print will never start because the printer doesnt have a heated print bed.you need to modify the gcode to change the setting to tell the printer not to wait for the bed to heat up. I did post something about this a while back.Give me a few minutes to find the post andI will post a link to it.

Carl

darbyvet
#3 Posted : 14 April 2020 17:21:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

here you go;
Let me know if this doesnt solve your problem

Did you check the g code to see if it is waiting for the bed to heat up.I had the same problem and discovered there was a command at the start of the g code that told the printer to wait until the bed had heated up before starting the print so repetier host wont print because the bed is not heated.This happens even if you turn off the bed in the manual control screen.

If you look at the g code in the g code editor screen you will see a command to wait for the pritner bed to heat up;

The command is M190 S50

M190 refers to the bed and the S50 tells repetier host to wait until the bed is heated to 50 degrees to start printing.

All you need to do is change the code to M190 S0 and the printer should start printing.

Here is how I do my prints;

1.Load the object file into repetier host. Scale it to the size I want, center it and then slice it with curaengine.

2.Once the slicing has finished I check the g code to look for the M190 command and make sure the s is set to 0.

3.I always use a raft because often the first part of the print doesnt stick well to the bed (common to all 3d printers).The raft makes sure that once you actualy start printing the object the filament is sticking down really well.

4.I then go to the manual control screen and turn the extruder on.

5.For PLA I set the extruder temp to 210 degrees.

6.Once the extruder is at working temp I press on the extruder button (set to 10) in the manual control to extrude so filament to see if it is melting OK.I find it is easier to do this now before the print table is really close to the print head.

7.I then go to the print menu and start the print. The printer will home the x and y axis and then the print bed will lower all the way down to it home position for the z axis and then move back up to the print head.As it gets close to the print head (within 20mm) the print head should start moving to the center of the print bed.The filament will start extruding.

8. The raft prints first.Then it will print your object.There is a timer telling you how long the print will take.

Carl