Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Academy 1/48 AH64A Options
kpnuts
#1 Posted : 14 April 2020 21:02:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi ok so I ordered a gundam as some relief from the Cutty Sark (what's that you say robots and ships this is the aircraft section) bare with me, after scanning the stash for some light relief nothing took my fancy so I ordered a gundam (never built one before and it looked fun)

Would be delivered by the 6th, now it's the 30th rescan of the stash, hey I've never built a helicopter before, how hard could that be, might even be fun.

Answer very hard, anyway onwards and upwards.

Ken's the name modeling's the game.
mogwai
#2 Posted : 18 April 2020 13:13:07

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi ken like doing choppers meself so will be following your build, good start. Cheers mick. BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
kpnuts
#3 Posted : 18 April 2020 19:58:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well this was supposed to be light relief from the Cutty Sark I think I will be doing the Cutty as light relief from this. What an awful kit I thought sorting the mistakes my brother did on the Cutty was a challenge that was a walk in the park.

Anyway here is progress so far.

mogwai
#4 Posted : 19 April 2020 17:17:16

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi coming along well,cheers mick.BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
kpnuts
#5 Posted : 19 April 2020 20:17:20

Not a lighting pod mate it will be an explosion that's just to light the explosion.

Anyway what a load of rubbish this kit is (wish I hadn't started it)

After herculean efforts to get the landing gear pods to fit I thought I had it then after priming the b#$$%y thing pinged apart again.

The cockpit glass is a stupid 3 part thing which I managed eventually to glue together only to find after priming it had pinged apart again (I only hope that was after the primer and the cockpit isn't full of primer.

kpnuts
#6 Posted : 25 April 2020 19:21:00

Kits like this should be banned.

I like to think I'm an ok modeller but I'm really struggling with this pig of a kit, if I were a youngster with no experience in modelling I would have given up and probably never touched a kit again.

Dont these kit manufacturers realise when they release a kit like this they're shooting themselves in the foot, every new modeler is potentially lost with a kit like this.

I'm just glad I decided before I started building it I was going to depict it blowing up.

kpnuts
#7 Posted : 29 April 2020 20:21:34

More work on this one.

kpnuts
#8 Posted : 30 April 2020 20:37:13

Hi all did some work on the explosion and added some decals

Hoping it will look a bit like this (maybe not so big)

kpnuts
#9 Posted : 11 May 2020 19:42:51

Hi all nearing the explosion.

kpnuts
#10 Posted : 14 June 2020 19:04:59

Made a start on the explosion.