Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages «<234
Hawker Hunter - Large scale ONGOING Options
Markwarren
#61 Posted : 06 June 2021 09:18:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Very nice Derek, looking very clean and tidy.Love Love Drool I hope you’ve measured your windows to get it out.Flapper

Mark
tf64
#62 Posted : 06 June 2021 10:02:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Derek,

Hope you are pleased with the build looks fine to me watching with a lot of interest.

Regards

Trev.

Note:
Look at the way Derek has sanded the fuselage and struts together so they are rounded for covering.

Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

admin
#63 Posted : 07 June 2021 06:30:34

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

This is looking fun! RC aircraft are something I’ve assiduously avoided, despite of a lifelong interest in aircraft, and having flown. (I soloed in a 1947 PA Supercub, off of a dirt strip. Field elevation 7202 feet ASLBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin I haven’t flown in 31 years though. I lost the vision in my left eye, and landing at 75 mph, without depth perception, it was exciting for all the wrong reasons...So I quit.

All that time, and love, and they go SPLAT! But, I absolutely love seeing them built. I may as well live the dream vicariously!

Cheers,

Mark

Silent_Running
#64 Posted : 07 June 2021 15:19:34

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

She’s looking fabulous Derek, plenty of frame bulkheads already to look at. Lovely stuff! Drool
Silent_Running
#65 Posted : 07 June 2021 15:27:33

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

admin wrote:
This is looking fun! RC aircraft are something I’ve assiduously avoided, despite of a lifelong interest in aircraft, and having flown. (I soloed in a 1947 PA Supercub, off of a dirt strip. Field elevation 7202 feet ASLBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin I haven’t flown in 31 years though. I lost the vision in my left eye, and landing at 75 mph, without depth perception, it was exciting for all the wrong reasons...So I quit.

All that time, and love, and they go SPLAT! But, I absolutely love seeing them built. I may as well live the dream vicariously!

Cheers,

Mark

The good thing about R/C aircraft is that the flying rules are exactly the same as the real thing. For instance flying a R/C jet requires you to think ahead and a wrong manoeuvre means you have to know what to do pilot wise on the spot because you don’t have time to think about what you should do.
Kev the Modeller
#66 Posted : 08 June 2021 18:02:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Making good progress Derek and looking good, all very skilfully built so far and it's obvious that you've done plenty of this before. Makes a nice change to see a balsa kit being built on the forum, and it takes me back to when I used to build the old KeilKraft rubber powered planes when I was a lot younger, a lot of years ago! Even had a go at i.c. powered control line planes for a while. Love the smell of balsa glue and doped tissue even to this day!

Keep up the good work. Cool ThumpUp

Kev
Per Ardua Ad Astra
delboy271155
#67 Posted : 20 June 2021 17:32:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

Had a lot on the go for the last couple of weeks, but have got myself back to the start of the fuselage covering. (At last I hear LOL )

Have attached the first panel and the next job is to replicate this on the other side so as to avoid any distortion of the frame. (See pic 1)

In pic 2 the reason for my distraction is moving the 1:1 scale project that`s on the agenda. Bought as a doer-upper and it needs lots and lots of tlc. Summer project on fine weather days and models on the other days. With British weather the models will get more attention.LOL LOL

Will update the Hunter soon with more panels. ThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
18.jpg
Main pic.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Markwarren
#68 Posted : 21 June 2021 18:47:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Coming on very nicely Derek.Love Love . I reckon if you build a flat surface on the front of your boat, stick this aircraft on, once done, along with the other you already have, you’ve got yourself an aircraft carrier. LOL Not sure what the waterways would say though.Laugh

Mark
tf64
#69 Posted : 22 June 2021 12:32:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Markwarren wrote:
Coming on very nicely Derek.Love Love . I reckon if you build a flat surface on the front of your boat, stick this aircraft on, once done, along with the other you already have, you’ve got yourself an aircraft carrier. LOL Not sure what the waterways would say though.Laugh

Mark

Could be called a flying boat, nice boat Derek.

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

roymattblack
#70 Posted : 23 June 2021 16:29:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I like the boat Derek.
Is it a Shetland?

I frequently think about doing exactly the same - buy a doer-upper and then enjoy it.
You should post a build-log here. I bet a lot would follow it.

Look forward to developments with the Hunter too.BigGrin
delboy271155
#71 Posted : 23 June 2021 22:15:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

Time for a small update that took some while to accomplish.

Balanced up the outer skin with the top panel on the opposite side to the one done earlier in the build. (Pic1) Then added the lower skin on one side. (Seen in pis 1 and 2)

Now as for the boat, thanks for the interest and @ Roy: If you want to jump on the boat LOL LOL LOL prices are rising fast as people are seeing them as an escape from the crowded beaches and foreign holidays, so act fast or wait a while until the novelty wears off and watch the prices plummet. I`ve bought mine as SWMBO can no longer fly and neither of us are beach lovers. Then as we live right next to a canal its the obvious choice for get-aways.

As for a diary of the boat Me thinks it will be too drawn out. It`s fully useable, but needs lots of TLC before it really looks the part. If people are interested and Admin are agreeable I`ll put up the odd post in General Chat when things get done. Blink

Until the next Hunter update, take care and keep safe.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
19.jpg
20.jpg

tf64
#72 Posted : 23 June 2021 22:34:52

Hi Derek, is that 1/32 balsa

Regards

Trev

delboy271155
#73 Posted : 24 June 2021 10:09:56

tf64 wrote:

Hi Derek, is that 1/32 balsa

Regards

Trev

Hi Trev, BigGrin

Thanks for looking in.Cool

The balsa is 1/16.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

goddo
#74 Posted : 24 June 2021 11:40:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Very nice progress Derek,
Keep the updates coming.
Chris
delboy271155
#75 Posted : 24 June 2021 18:02:38

goddo wrote:
Very nice progress Derek,
Keep the updates coming.
Chris

Very much appreciated Chris.

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Plymouth57
#76 Posted : 24 June 2021 20:33:49

Love your sanding Derek, that balsa fairs onto the nose cone beautifully (I don't much like sanding, it never seems to do what its told!)Blink
Great work and really coming along well!

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
delboy271155
#77 Posted : 25 June 2021 13:44:16

Plymouth57 wrote:
Love your sanding Derek, that balsa fairs onto the nose cone beautifully (I don't much like sanding, it never seems to do what its told!)Blink
Great work and really coming along well!

Robin.

Hi Robin BigGrin

For fairing into the nose I have a cunning plan.LOL

First I put a low tack masking tape where I want the fairing to start.

Then I use a very sharp (new) craft knife blade and carefully trim down towards the nose cone.

Finally I use a fine sandpaper to take out any slight ridges. Then I remove the tape and fair in the part where the tape edge was.

I dare say there are other methods, but that one works for me.Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#78 Posted : 25 June 2021 18:36:54

Looking very nice Derek.Love Love Keep it coming.Cool

Mark
tf64
#79 Posted : 11 July 2021 09:28:51

Hi Derek,

I have looked for an update on several occasion's but missed this one, (apologies)

Well, the nose section is coming together and nicely sanded for covering which is always a tricky part to do, the formers are straight and upright all looking very good well done Derek.

Regards

Trev