Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Davout Options
Davout
#1 Posted : 26 April 2020 11:58:59

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone,
This is my first attempt at building a partwork model, all is going OK so far, with one exception...
Regarding the right hand door hinge part 4-H. This part looks slightly asymmetrical to me but seems to fit into the door recess either way up. Fitting it one way up give quite a lot of movement of the hinge while removing it and placing it the other way around gives much less play or movement. Surely one way must be correct and I don't want to get too far into the build, attempt to fit the door, find it doesn't fit and have to take it all apart.
The instructions do not seem to be very precise as to which way the hinge should be fitted, and various youtube builds I have watched for confirmation also seem somewhat undecided on this issue.
Maybe it doesn't matter and if so I apologise for wasting your time.
Any help would be much appreciated,
regards,
Alec.
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 26 April 2020 12:14:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Alec, BigGrin

Welcome to the forum.ThumpUp

I think if you look at post #2 in the link below things might get clearer.

https://forum.model-spac...spx?g=posts&t=33590

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

roymattblack
#3 Posted : 26 April 2020 12:15:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I'm also collecting this one but I haven't started to build it yet - Too many other models on the go.
Hopefully someone will provide an answer.

BTW - Welcome aboard.BigGrin

Roy
Davout
#4 Posted : 26 April 2020 12:37:01

Groups: Registered

Many thanks for the immediate response, I have looked more closely at the official build instructions & close up photos and believe I have got the hinge the right way round now !
Regards,
Alec.