Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Rossi build Type V screws Options
CaptnBirdseye
#1 Posted : 12 May 2020 11:14:52

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi, I have another problem with my Rossi build. The second screw hole (right hand side) on the engine block that secures the right hand frame has not been threaded or fully cut out. Considering that that stage is well and truly built up ( Pack 12, stage 44-3), I don’t fancy my chances of getting a replacement. Only option is to tap it out. Does anyone know what size thread I need to use?
Any help appreciated. I've uploaded a photo to show where I mean.

Regards Gray
CaptnBirdseye attached the following image(s):
1Q4A0753.jpg
alemo
#2 Posted : 12 May 2020 12:00:48

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Gray,

Outside of 'V' type screw measures dia 2.25mm but unable to measure inside as vernier blades too thick.

I think I would try a 2mm drill to open the hole, take a spare 'V' type screw and cut a slot in the thread each side and use this screw as a tap but gently and back off regularly.

I don't know what the thread is and doubt that the Chinese will tell us. I have tried the the screw in a 2.2mm and 2.5mm die but didn't want to go so assume not metric as we know it.

Hope this helps.

Alec
Built: Bluenose, Arab Dhow, HMS Bounty, Hummer H1, D51, Spitfire,E type Jaguar.
In Progress: HMS Victory, , Yamaha YZR-M1

Adapt, improvise, overcome.
CaptnBirdseye
#3 Posted : 12 May 2020 12:32:11

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks Alec, will give that a try. I don’t know if it’s just me, but that’s twice this has happened with my build within the space of two packs! Think someone should give quality control a kick up the ....Cursing